Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

True defenders of freedom of speech told to shut up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Turkey doesn't play along, just move the air bases to Kurdistan and be done with it
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Shrapnel12
      I think the real question is why now? With everything else going on, why did this issue come out now? Congress has been hell bent on fighting Bush on the Iraq War and suddenly they take the time out to discuss some obscure issue that noone ever thought of before? Call me a conspiracy theorist, but the Democrats are up to something. From the discussion here, that something seems to be to purposefully deteriorate relations with Turkey and to destabalize Iraq further.
      So what was the Republican reason for bringing it up in 2000? And hardly some obscure issue that no one ever thought of before... as referenced by the Republican attempt to label it a genocide before Hastert tabled the bill.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

So what was the Republican reason for bringing it up in 2000? And hardly some obscure issue that no one ever thought of before... as referenced by the Republican attempt to label it a genocide before Hastert tabled the bill.
        You should note that it wasn't just ANY Republican that brought it up, it was then-candidate George W. Bush who called it a genocide against the Armenians.
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov

I'd ban you for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrapnel12
            ... Call me a conspiracy theorist, but the Democrats are up to something. ...
            I don't think the Democrats in Congress have enough brains to be up to something.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
              What I don't get is how the measure passed through Congress. Sure, a few districts contain sizable Armenia populations but why are the other guys from other districts voting for this? I guess it has just become a celebrity cause.
              The measure *hasn't* passed through Congress, and might not at all. So far, it's only passed at the committee level; the next stop is the full House, but there's no date set yet for that vote, if it even materializes.

Gatekeeper
              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Working...
              X