Why did you get a cellphone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did you get a cellphone?

A friend came up to me the other day and asked me why I don't currently have a cellphone. Seems just about everyone has one. I used to have one awhile ago, it wasn't very good. It had terrible reception, and kept dropping me when I was on the phone to anyone. Didn't really seem to matter when and where. I got it as a Christmas present one year, something that was supposed to be useful to me at university. Never really had much luck with it at all.

So I got the brilliant idea, to ask Poly the same question.

What made you finally decide to get a cellphone?

What model did you choose and why?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

I decided to get a cell phone when I realized that I was spending much more time downtown on campus then I was at home. I was against the idea for quite a while, but when I realized that absolutely no-one could get in touch with me unless I got one, it became necessary.

I went with a carrier that a few friends were using, and my model of phone was chosen based on the capabilities and price of the phone, going for the most bang for the buck, I guess.
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

A certain girl... some free phone with verizon agreement... no more girl no more cell phone.

Cell phone
      Girlfriend
      Ex-girlfriend
      Cell phone for girlfriend
      Cell phone for ex-girlfriend ^infinity+1

Comment

Ben Kenobi is the poster who has me on his ignore list because God told him to do it. Is it any wonder he doesn't know why people use cell phones?

Time for the asylum

Comment

Well, I'll bite.

I got a cellphone because the store was fresh out of watches and damn if I didn't need to know the time.

Comment

Okay, i'm confused. Didn't you leave forever yesterday?

Oh, and I have a cell phone to communicate with my girlfriend
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I think I had an older Nokia model. The best feature for me was that it would light up when it rang so that I could take my calls.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                Okay, i'm confused. Didn't you leave forever yesterday?
                He did? Link?

Comment

I can't do my work without one. I need to be reachable 24/7. I also like it for my social relationships, plus I need to make calls as well. One good addition is to have the ability to call for help. Of course I've only had to do that once, because this house had the fire alarm ringing and no one was around.

I also don't have a landline. Few people in here have them these days so it's a question of "why do you have a phone" really. But I have to admit that when I go somewhere, I always think if I have my phone with me not only because someone might call me or I might need to make a call, but also because I think if I get into a car crash or see one, I can then make a call.

That's just the calling part, I like the fact that I can start recording video at any moment, if I see like a naked busty chick in the store, a funny looking dog or that car crash. I also have my calendar in it, so it alerts me of stuff. I can use it as a notepad, if I need to make quick notes and I'm out, that's what I use. Then of course I can check my e-mails with it, or connect to the internet for some browsing. I used to use WLAN only because it doesnt' cost anything, but these days I have the deal where I can have unlimited data transfer so I just use the service of the provider instead.

Plus, I have 4 gigs worth of storage in it, so I have tons of music in it so I can listen to music as well, which I often do, or radio or whatever.

It's not so much a cell phone anymore than it is a mobile device.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Oh and it has a clock, plus an alarm clock. I would survive if it was taken from me but... I'd rather have it.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                      Ben Kenobi is the poster who has me on his ignore list because God told him to do it. Is it any wonder he doesn't know why people use cell phones?

Time for the asylum
                      I think ur comment should include the question is he the only one that has u on ignore.

When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot

He did? Link?
                        You really don't follow much around here do you

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

It was thanksgiving, I was taking it easy

Comment

Back to the topic
                            i just added a line to my plan for my kiddo and i got a red razor, i got it cause i know they donate some funds of the purchase to aids relief. The phone does more then i know what to do with it, but i guess by the time i figure it out, it will be outdated, if its not already
                            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Got one mainly so work could reach me if I needed to pick up patients etc... plus so the kids could reach me as well. Boy was that a mistake!! They call for everything and their grown!
                              Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                              Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                              Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                              You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Working...
                              X