No announcement yet.

Republican aggresors grow skeptical of free trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer protectionism and isolationism in America if this means we have more jobs at the cost of corporate profits and the general wealth of the nation.

Employed workers with better jobs > corporate profits + the value of U.S. currency(which has gone to hell anyway).

I do not see the term "protectionist" or "isolationism" as a term which means the recipient is "bad" in some way. To me, it means the speaker is an idiot, or a greedy .

Comment

I imagine this has more to do with frustration over China constantly cheating about everything then anything else. Cheating with currency valuations, cheating on product safety, lack of oversight, etc...

The reality is people aren't pissed off at free trade per say rather they are pissed off and scared about how China gets away with this ****.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
        That's stupid. When is free trade going to make the US deficit go away, the dollar stronger etc... ?
        Huh?

When will command economies cure cancer?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
          To me, it means the speaker is an idiot, or a greedy .
          Clearly you are referring to people who wish to keep all of the jobs in their own country rather than sharing them with the world in a competitive marketplace.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I meant the person who would accuse someone else of being isolationist or protectionist, as slanderous terms, as it often is used, is either greedy, or ignorant.

These terms are not insults, yet they are used often as if they are.

Protectionism and isolationism is GOOD if it brings us good things, which it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Huh?

When will command economies cure cancer?
              Another case where you haven't read the thread or something and you have no idea what people are talking about.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I do not see the term "protectionist" or "isolationism" as a term which means the recipient is "bad" in some way. To me, it means the speaker is an idiot, or a greedy .
                That's because it's well-established that you're as dumb as Kid.

Comment

Didn't we develop the atomic bomb and PENICILIN(sp) when international trade had come to a standstill because of global war?

Oh and computers.

Germany made substantial progress in rocketry....

Comment

Protectionism and isolationism is GOOD if it brings us good things, which it does.
                    Higher prices and obsolete jobs?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

That's because it's well-established that you're as dumb as Kid.
                      I don't care if people call me stupid, but you could at least explain something that you support. Try to have a little maturity young man.

Comment

Didn't we develop the atomic bomb and PENICILIN(sp) when international trade had come to a standstill because of global war?
                        The US had nothing to do with penicillin.

But yes, isolationism caused you to create the creative destructive force known to man.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Higher prices and obsolete jobs?
                          Obsolete jobs? Like China, Japan, South Korea ....

Comment

Life is difficult for the Republicans; after recognizing that they were seriously wrong on the Irak case, they are discovering that free trade does not mean fair trade.
                            Statistical anomaly.
                            The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Protectionism

Republicans

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

This post makes my brain hurt.

Comment

Working...
                                X