Lets talk diet and obesity.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traianvs
    I have only met one overweight vegetarian in my life. What else can I say but: Everyone needs to become vegetarian! It solves a lot of health related problems and it's incredibly more ecological too
    Most of teh overweight Indians I know are vegetarians.
    Last edited by LordShiva; October 8, 2007, 16:47.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I've moved in the direction of eating more "whole" foods. More fruit, too. Veggies... yeah, but I could stand to increase that some more. I do love meat, though, and that's not going away.

The main thing I'm trying to do is cut out what I'd describe as "complete crap." Stuff that has no value whatsoever (some might argue alcohol qualifies, but I reject your reality and insert my own) has been phased out and replaced by fruit and alternative snacks that are less awful. Baby steps.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

As for the rest... well, I'm not the religious sort.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
          "The Vegetarian food tastes like crap"

Vegetables taste like crap.
          Beans taste like crap.
          Nuts, they really taste like crap.
          Mushrooms, OMG, utter crap.
          Fruit, pure crap.
          Bread, tastes like crap.
          Cereal, yep, tastes like crap.
          That's not what I said, I like fruit and veg, I'm a sod for nuts, I'd rather eat them than chocolate and I had a mushroom stir fry tonight for dinner. But I am not going to discount dairy products or a damn good bit of steak either. All in balance because, quite frankly, they're bloody tasty
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

To expand a bit more, I think one of the problem with trying to get kids to eat healthy food because it appallingly presented. Some boiled mush? Never helped me either.

Take Indian cuisine for example, they've had god only knows how long to get vegetarian food right, and they're damn good at it...if all vegetarian food was like that I wouldn't mind so much
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

Most of teh overweight Indians I know are vegetarians.
              It's all that ghee and orange juice
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
              X