Clever or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clever or not?

A friend of mine got broken into the other day, had a brand new car with a nice stereo. It was a real shame. She had her door locked, but left the face of her stereo on.

When the theives came in they smashed the window and took the stereo.

One of the ideas she came up with after all this is to leave the door open so that next time if they took the stereo, the stereo would only cost 100 dollars to replace instead of a 700 dollar door window. She would take the faceplate also, so that people wouldn't see the faceplate.

What do you think of this? I think it's a pretty clever idea.
    Yes, it's brilliant, thanks for the insight
    22.22%
    No, there's a better way to do things
    77.78%
    I need more time to figure this out
    0.00%
    Who cares, they left the bananas!
    0.00%
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Why not just hide the faceplate or take it with her?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

You are too quick for me.

Yes, of course she would take the faceplate out but leave the door unlocked, so that the thieves wouldn't bust the window which would be worth more then the contents of the car.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

A thief doesn't try the lock 1st. Either way he would've smashed the window.

What Asher said.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

8-track. No one steals those.

Comment

Locks are for keeping honest people out.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: Clever or not?

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
              A friend of mine got broken into the other day, had a brand new car with a nice stereo. It was a real shame. She had her door locked, but left the face of her stereo on.

When the theives came in they smashed the window and took the stereo.

One of the ideas she came up with after all this is to leave the door open so that next time if they took the stereo, the stereo would only cost 100 dollars to replace instead of a 700 dollar door window. She would take the faceplate also, so that people wouldn't see the faceplate.

What do you think of this? I think it's a pretty clever idea.
              Similar thing happened to me about a year ago. They (he/she?) forced my lock causing about $300 damage. Now I leave it unlocked with nothing of value in it.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Bars protecting the window are common in south america

I need a foot massage

Comment

On a car??
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    Locks are for keeping honest people out.
                    QFT
                    Too bad RIAA dosnt get this
                    A ship at sea is its own world. To be the captain of a ship is to be the unquestioned ruler of that world and requires all of the leadership skills of a prince or minister.

Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing, sooner than war

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                      On a car??
                      You could probably do it on one of those godawful Hummers.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I have friends in Baltimore who leave their cars unlocked for this very reason.
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Cops gave me that advice.

Comment

so not clever.

Comment

My theroy is if they want it that bad take it, thats what insurance is for. (for stealing the whole car) the radio i do the same i dont lock my car or truckand take the face with me, but if i forget id rathen them just try the door and take the radio then bust the windows
                              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X