Old Woman Has Me By the Balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wiglaf

Lancer: you are not correct. If I don't think I am breaking the law, then I am innocent by ignorance/rationality.
    Have you been in Mexico reecently ? I've heard that they have mushrooms with very funny effects on your brain

This thread :
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• One other thing Wiggie

I put MILF (Mother I would like to....)

I reckon it should read GIWWTF (Grannies I want Wiggie to F....)

Ok

Just clarifying
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

So if she is going way under speed limit, how is it not reasonable to be right up on her car?
        Lol!

what are you 14? Its not reasonable or prudent cause is she has to stop or slowdown further, you might rear end her. Thats how.

Ok, you commited 2 violations that are seldom enforced (following too closely, and a speeding just a little bit)

But you hit her, so youre at fault. Which you obviously knew, or you wouldnt have given her your card. You gave her your card in an attempt to avoid reporting the accident to your insur co (lots of folks do stuff like that) You did so however, if this story is even true, with an attempt to deceive her.

She beat you to it. She took out a more generous amount, to cover her costs of taking a cab home from the body shop, stopping for a margarita on the way, etc.

You can A. Suck it up
        B. Call the cops on her. If you do, they will write up the accident either way (IE whether they beleive you about the card or not) Your insurance co will find out, and they will be pissed. More so than they would have been in the first place.

Since you have evidence of agreeing to a set amount, I cant see how you can prove $350 was more than you agreed to.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancer
          <---- Wiglaf planning his defense.
          actually, wasn't it more like this>>>>>>>
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious
            Wiggy, you are full of it. You said she sped up while you tried to pass. If she was going too slow you would have been able to easily pass her. Wait.... was she driving a GT5.0 or something?
            She was driving slowly, so I went to pass her, then she sped up, then I fell back, then she stopped to turn. I hit her then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Because it is dangerous. It makes it impossible to react to a hazard ahead in an effective and safe manner, it reduces your visibility and it is irritating to the driver in front (if someone tailgates me, I am more likely to slow down than speed up). And she was doing 25...perhaps a bit slow but still no excuse. And besides if you are looking to overtake you want to hang back so you have a distance to accelerate and pass speedily. Do you actually know anything about driving safely and effectively?
              Nah, Wiggy wasn't doing anything wrong - he only did a reasonable 40 while this crazy hag was speeding at wildly 25 - of course he got confused when she "accelerated" to 15
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by Ninot

Ignorance never was a defense, and it still isn't.

"Officer, I swear I didn't know drinking and driving was against the law in this state!"
                Can anyone confirm this? Lancer is right, there is a saying I know about this to the contrary, but you seem to make a good point. I think that you can't just say "I didn't know," but if you can argue that the law in your case should not apply (eg she was going so slow as to be unreasonable) then you can violate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Because it is dangerous. It makes it impossible to react to a hazard ahead in an effective and safe manner, it reduces your visibility and it is irritating to the driver in front (if someone tailgates me, I am more likely to slow down than speed up). And she was doing 25...perhaps a bit slow but still no excuse. And besides if you are looking to overtake you want to hang back so you have a distance to accelerate and pass speedily. Do you actually know anything about driving safely and effectively?
                  She was going too slowly. I think passing is perfectly legit, tailgating maybe not.

Comment

• I think Lancer was mocking you
                    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Can anyone confirm this? Lancer is right, there is a saying I know about this to the contrary, but you seem to make a good point. I think that you can't just say "I didn't know," but if you can argue that the law in your case should not apply (eg she was going so slow as to be unreasonable) then you can violate it.

Wiggy to judge : "She drove so slowly that it was reasonable that instead of me slowing down too, I defended my rights to violate the law and drove into her".

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• No you can! Just bring a print out of this thread and the judge will understand everything perfectly.
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

She was driving slowly, so I went to pass her, then she sped up, then I fell back, then she stopped to turn. I hit her then.
                          Yes, I think that's what you told us. My point is that if she was going too slow in the first place, and you were going over the speed limit, why would you fall back just because she sped up. That, like the rest of your story, doesn't make sense. Even if she sped up you could easily have passed her.

Again, did you start smoking crack?
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Ninot
                            I think Lancer was mocking you
                            Nah. Wiglaf is just playing us, and I'm playing too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

actually, wasn't it more like this>>>>>>>
                              You give him too much credit. (So did Visa btw)

Comment

• i still think Wiggy should tell the police that the lady stole his credit card. Ideally, he should repeat that under oath.
                                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                                X