Old Woman Has Me By the Balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And were you tailgating the old woman?
    I was tailgating her obviously when she was going slowly (I take it you mean, driving very closely to her rear), what does that matter? It is not illegal.

Comment

this has got to be false. i mean even if someone was stupid enough to do something like this, would they really post about it on an internet forum?
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Yes, in particular my questions concern the legality of what I did, which only Imran has touched on (he recommends breaking the law further, but that is the only official recommendation I have gotten).

also Joseph and some others had good recommendations.
        Last edited by Wiglaf; August 17, 2007, 13:30.

Comment

I woulda maxed out the card if I was her.
          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf

I was tailgating her obviously when she was going slowly (I take it you mean, driving very closely to her rear), what does that matter? It is not illegal.

Ok, enough already. Very funny thread.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

It means you are at fault without any reproach. Did you consider she may be motoring along slowly because she was looking for an exit? And slowing down from 25 to 15 hardly seems dramatic to me if she is about to take an exit. You didn't leave sufficient clearance from the vehicle in front who had to brake to turn into a junction. You shunted her from behind. You are at fault.
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I am a former lawdawg Wiggie

Just to let you know, the law has this little old charge which I believe depending on the state would be Failure to operate at a safe driving distance

If not then failure to reduce speed

If it were worse, then careless and reckless

So yes, technically it is.

Oh and your lucky, if it was over the dollar value established by your state agency, then if ya left the scene, "KLINK" goes da cuffs
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

some places it is

"I've complained off and on about the excessive focus on speeding and the excessive punishments for DWI. Despite what some might think of me, I do think some laws should be enforced, and in some cases more vigorously.

The biggest one that stands out in my mind is "Following Too Close," a violation of section 1129(a) of the Vehicle and Traffic Law of the State of New York. This used to be commonly known as "tailgating," but that term has been taken over for parties in parking lots of football games.

Here's what I know as a traffic lawyer and a personal injury lawyer: following too close is the most common cause of traffic accidents. You will often read statistics that say speed is a factor in some large percentage of accidents. Baloney. I was a trial lawyer for one of the largest auto insurers for over three years, then law clerk to a judge handling a number of car accident cases, and now have my own practice where I still handle car accident cases."

In others it could be seen as "aggressive driving"

What state were you in at the time?
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

It would be funny if the things that she bought from amazon.com, would be sent at the bill address.
                    bleh

Comment

Wiglaf Gone Wild
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Re: Old Woman Has Me By the Balls

kinky
                        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                        Middle East!

Comment

If I ever get rear ended, may it be by Wiglaf.

Erm, let me rephrase that...
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

"A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

That is why she got my address, presumably for billing purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

some places it is

"I've complained off and on about the excessive focus on speeding and the excessive punishments for DWI. Despite what some might think of me, I do think some laws should be enforced, and in some cases more vigorously.

The biggest one that stands out in my mind is "Following Too Close," a violation of section 1129(a) of the Vehicle and Traffic Law of the State of New York. This used to be commonly known as "tailgating," but that term has been taken over for parties in parking lots of football games.

Here's what I know as a traffic lawyer and a personal injury lawyer: following too close is the most common cause of traffic accidents. You will often read statistics that say speed is a factor in some large percentage of accidents. Baloney. I was a trial lawyer for one of the largest auto insurers for over three years, then law clerk to a judge handling a number of car accident cases, and now have my own practice where I still handle car accident cases."

In others it could be seen as "aggressive driving"

What state were you in at the time?
                                Wait, can you tell me what the law is by state? Quick question:::::
                                I know there was an accident but what if parties agree?

Comment

Working...
                                X