Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Old Woman Has Me By the Balls

Originally posted by Wiglaf
    This was very shocking to me since I drive very carefully most of the time.
    Well this appears to be the rest of the time...I suspect you were tailgating because she was going slowly and you got caught with your pants down. Accept liability.
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

General rule, from what I understand - never, never, settle the thing on your own. You could have handed her $1000 in cash for a statement it was resolved. She could still have come after you and youd still have had to notify your insurance company. And theyd have been very unhappy. Insurance companies really dont like it when folks try to settle on their own, to avoid reporting the accident.

But, no, this isnt hit and run. You stopped, and made sure she wasnt hurt. Thats your legal obligation, and you fulfilled it.

As for the lady - she was quite happy to take your card, and thus to cooperate with you in keeping your insurance company in the dark. Cause she knew she could get the money faster and with less hassle this way. She aint no paragon of virtue either.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
        As for the lady - she was quite happy to take your card, and thus to cooperate with you in keeping your insurance company in the dark. Cause she knew she could get the money faster and with less hassle this way. She aint no paragon of virtue either.
        I don't see anything wrong with getting the money faster and with less of a hastle.

At first I was wondering if this was a scam or not, but since he gave his credit card to her it certainly looks like it's not.

I still want to know if she asked for the credit card, or did Wiglaf offer it to her so that she wouldn't report it to his insurance company or whatever.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

You give someone your credit card to screw them over?!

Anybody find this...rather....unusual?

Not to be an ass but, you're one dumb s.o.b.

Spec.
          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

This thread is hilarious. Either Wiglaf is a hilariously bad person or a hilariously creative poster. Either way, this thread is hilarious.

Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael

This thread is hilarious. Either Wiglaf is a hilariously bad person or a hilariously creative poster. Either way, this thread is hilarious.

Survey sez...bad person and apparently me rubbing me woodie has brought you bad kharma, well, better call Earl as in my name is Earl because he could help you with getting over on this.

Oh and by the way, 40 in a 35 is above the posted speed limit and if you had not been following too close you would have been able to stop in time.

You posted so i responded

But if its because your just posting a wanton tale of scorned desire because she turned you down for an apparent afternoon tryst, well then ya got what ya wanted, a good $cr@w!ng..
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Re: Re: Old Woman Has Me By the Balls

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Well this appears to be the rest of the time...I suspect you were tailgating because she was going slowly and you got caught with your pants down. Accept liability.
                Trust him.

He's used to accepting liability in car accidents.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

that old woman is more clever than wiglaf

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph
                    At this point I would eat the charges and be done with it. Remember she also drove away and if she tried to talk now, she may also get into trouble for not using the card for the repairs. you did give the card to her for the repairs right. Good luck.
                    This is what I'm thinking. Though to be clear, I offered her the car and said "Look, here is my card, do what you want with it [eg withdraw cash..she could use that for repairs or whatever I guess...or spend $ somewhere else] and I will cancel it when I get home in like 30 minutes." She said this was agreeable, though of course I was home in less time than 30 minutes. God ****ing dammit.

I think she did this on purpose as well. LOTM you are very insightful when you want to be, keep this good work up.

I still want to know if she asked for the credit card, or did Wiglaf offer it to her so that she wouldn't report it to his insurance company or whatever.
                    She wanted to exchange insurance info. I just said, let us skip right to me giving you my credit card, and I will cancel it ASAP. In other words she knew I was going to cancel the card. I knew she was going to try to use it to spend any amount of money she wanted within reason, that was the arrangement.

And Grandpa Troll, this accident is not the result of a boner, nor is this story a convoluted metaphor for sex in the woods. I'm sorry to disappoint.
                    Last edited by Wiglaf; August 17, 2007, 12:58.

Comment

Dude, this is even more stupid than anything I've ever done.
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by b etor
                        that old woman is more clever than wiglaf
                        No, she just got home faster than I did, but thanks for the sympathy. When you drive you will understand that a lot of people are trying to get you into wrecks particularly women.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                          Dude, this is even more stupid than anything I've ever done.
                          Don't you have like ten STDs?

Comment

Don't you have like ten STDs?
                            dang..great counter point Wiggie!, thats also why I dont cruise at petting zoo's
                            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

You make it sound like it was her fault, but you agreed to pay for her repairs. What gives?
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

No, she just got home faster than I did, but thanks for the sympathy. When you drive you will understand that a lot of people are trying to get you into wrecks particularly women.
                                No. Most people aren't trying to get you into wrecks. Most people are just carelessly selfish. They aren't paying attention to the world around them so they accidentally do something that is to the detriment of people around them in dangerous situations.

Next time you accidentally cut someone off because you had to make an exit, think: Did I do this because I'm an ******* driver who's trying cause accidents, or did I do this because I'm merely careless and not paying enough attention?

If you've never had that moment driving where you realize you've done something bad when you did not intend to, then you are not only careless but unobservant as well.
                                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X