Old Woman Has Me By the Balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darius871

You could reasonably give someone your credit card even if they're at fault, as long as you expect not to actually lose any money.
    Come on. What is more likely here. We have to determine what likely happened because we don't know the truth. The fact that he gave her the credit card looks like he admitted quilt.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• You call an insurance company if they're at fault. You give someone a credit card if you're really dumb.

True, but that doesn't bear on whether Wiggy should get even for her almost killing him out on the road. I love how everyone here is just ignoring that part.
      Because we don't believe him...
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

• If Wiggy wasn't able to pass her because she speed up, he should have been slowing down when he returned to his lane. Thus, he would have been moving slower than her at that time. The story doesn't make sense.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious

Come on. What is more likely here. We have to determine what likely happened because we don't know the truth. The fact that he gave her the credit card looks like he admitted quilt.
          As do the facts that he hit her from behind and that he was speeding.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Darius when someone does something that people don't usually do when they are innocent it's usually cause they are guilty.

Comment

You don't know that. It's a judgement call. It's reasonable to speed up if you think the person is a dumbass and missjudged the oncoming cars so that the person can get behind you.
              No it's not. The reasonable thing is to be a defensive driver, not to get aggressive whenever you perceive someone to be a "dumbass."

Originally posted by Kidicious
              The fact that he gave her the credit card looks like he admitted quilt.
              ...or that he thought giving her a soon-to-be-deactivated card would be a good way to screw over the person with the guilt. Or he thought the damage to his car was minimal enough that it wasn't worth the hassle of an adversarial insurance claim, regardless of who he perceived to be at fault.
              Unbelievable!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramo
                You call an insurance company if they're at fault.
                That's not necessarily true. If you're only 30% at fault and the person who is 70% at fault seems likely to contest the matter in court or arbitration, the last thing you want is to get the insurance companies involved. Even if they ultimately find that you're only partially at fault, your future premiums could still be affected.
                Unbelievable!

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  Legally... but whether it was morally his fault is another question. The woman slammed on her breaks... I'd blame her 9 times out of 10. Especially after she was such a ***** to speed up when wiggy was trying to pass her.

If Wiggy wasn't able to pass her because she speed up, he should have been slowing down when he returned to his lane. Thus, he would have been moving slower than her at that time. The story doesn't make sense.
                  I was slowing down when I turned into her lane to avoid traffic. The problem is that I was barely able to get back into my original lane, so I was following very closely for a short bit. During this time she slows dangerously quickly, causing the accident.

...or that he thought giving her a soon-to-be-deactivated card would be a good way to screw over the person with the guilt. Or he thought the damage to his car was minimal enough that it wasn't worth the hassle of an adversarial insurance claim, regardless of who he perceived to be at fault.
                  This is correct

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius871

No it's not. The reasonable thing is to be a defensive driver, not to get aggressive whenever you perceive someone to be a "dumbass."
                    Speeding up is defensive when someone is about to move into your lane.

Giving her a deactivated card doesn't screw her over.

Comment

• Listen... I'm not saying Wiggy isn't an idiot for giving the old biddy his credit card, but the description (by Wiggy, so yes, there is a grain of salt to be had with it) and the fact she IMMEDIATELY rung up $350 on Amazon.com (who does that... really? Who even accepts the credit card, unless you are holding it so you know the info of the person), indicates to me that she ain't perfectly honest herself in this situation.

Perhaps less so than Wiggy. Leads me to believe she easily could have done the things Wiggy said she did.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf
                        I was slowing down when I turned into her lane to avoid traffic. The problem is that I was barely able to get back into my original lane, so I was following very closely for a short bit. During this time she slows dangerously quickly, causing the accident.
                        You tried to pass at a very bad time. You shouldn't do that anymore. Just admit it. Don't be such a jerk.

Comment

• Doesn't matter if I was trying to pass (which is legal given her speed). Her slowing so fast is illegal, if some cop had seen it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            Listen... I'm not saying Wiggy isn't an idiot for giving the old biddy his credit card, but the description (by Wiggy, so yes, there is a grain of salt to be had with it) and the fact she IMMEDIATELY rung up $350 on Amazon.com (who does that... really? Who even accepts the credit card, unless you are holding it so you know the info of the person), indicates to me that she ain't perfectly honest herself in this situation.

Perhaps less so than Wiggy. Leads me to believe she easily could have done the things Wiggy said she did.
                            Indeed, I am thinking she is a scam artist who caused this accident on purpose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf
                              Doesn't matter if I was trying to pass (which is legal given her speed). Her slowing so fast is illegal, if some cop had seen it.
                              The way you describe it, it doesn't sound like she could have been driving that slow. If she was driving so slow, you could have easily passed, and her change in speed shouldn't have made a difference. It just looked like she was driving slow because you were driving fast and recklessly.

Comment

Speeding up is defensive when someone is about to move into your lane.
                                He wasn't simply moving into her lane, he was in the oncoming lane and needed to pass. Blocking that on purpose is not defensive, it's both aggressive and downright malicious.

Originally posted by Kidicious
                                Giving her a deactivated card doesn't screw her over.
                                Yes it does; she thought she would get something and would have wound up getting nothing.

Anyway, you conveniently ignored the second possibility which is more likely (and true per Wiggy's post above).
                                Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
                                X