No announcement yet.

Old Woman Has Me By the Balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darius, I'm not sure if I buy this whole thread at all. It's just too incredulous to believe. (My story about the little girl is true though, honest!)
    EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

• What sort of a dishonest deal was that. Im sure the police would take your side after hearing that you only gave her your card in a deal that she could spend from it anything she had time to spend, untill you got to your house and cancelled it..

Really, this belongs in a comedy tv show.

Comment

• Just for the record, I had a good idea that I was being trolled. I like to feed the trolls.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by demon59

Ask Dr. Kevorkian if "both parties coming to an agreement" makes it ok to break the law.
          BUt in most jurisdictions, you break no laws if you have an accident that does not meet certain thresholds ( in most Canadian provinces I think the threshold is pesonal injury or damages estimates at above $x. Usually the dollar value is pretty low though

If the damage was a little ding, there may have been no requirement to report this to the police at all.
          But if the thresholds are exceeded your comment would be accurate since I don't think there is a "don't report if you come to an agreement" clause
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious
            Just for the record, I had a good idea that I was being trolled. I like to feed the trolls.
            Yeah, that was my guess. Anybody (save perhaps Wiggy) would have figured it out after ~5 posts or so.
            Unbelievable!

Comment

• I don't remember whose DL Wiglaf is but he did a great job on this.
              What?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius871

It was fun enough for me to troll people as devil's advocate but if Wiggy's for real and gets what's coming to him, so much the better.
                When you represent guilty people for as living doing Devil's Advocate is a paycheck. Doing it well is a continuing paycheck.

Wiggy was in a bad spot (legally) but you put the best spin possible on his situation. Didn't convince me (or many others) but a nice try nonetheless. You work with the tools you have.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Wiglaf,

We need to go fishing sometime. Teach me all your trolling techniques!
                  EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

• First OF ALL, Darius, you are a phony and if I ever saw you in person or whatever the hell , you would be getting more than my credit card, if you follow. Second, Cybershy and others are right -- everyone knows people try to speed up when you pass them...anyone who denies this probably hasn't hit puberty yet and hence cannot drive.

I am in the clear on this. The police say they don't know who to give the ticket to, and since there does not appear to be damage to either car, they cannot ticket anyone for anything. However, they have told me they will be keeping an eye on her to see if she pulls anything like this again. If she does, then my case will be evidence she is a scam artist and she will be looking at HARD TIME.

Also I got my $$$$ back

Comment

• I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• I love the smell of napalm in the morning, smells like...justice.
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf
                          I am in the clear on this. The police say they don't know who to give the ticket to, and since there does not appear to be damage to either car, they cannot ticket anyone for anything. However, they have told me they will be keeping an eye on her to see if she pulls anything like this again. If she does, then my case will be evidence she is a scam artist and she will be looking at HARD TIME.
                          And if she doesn't, will they throw your ass in jail?
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil
                              When you represent guilty people for as living doing Devil's Advocate is a paycheck. Doing it well is a continuing paycheck.

Wiggy was in a bad spot (legally) but you put the best spin possible on his situation. Didn't convince me (or many others) but a nice try nonetheless. You work with the tools you have.
                              Incidentally I just started law school a few weeks back, so this thread felt like good practice. I don't intend to represent guilty clients though.
                              Last edited by Darius871; August 28, 2007, 19:38.
                              Unbelievable!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf
                                First OF ALL, Darius, you are a phony and if I ever saw you in person or whatever the hell , you would be getting more than my credit card, if you follow. Second, Cybershy and others are right -- everyone knows people try to speed up when you pass them...anyone who denies this probably hasn't hit puberty yet and hence cannot drive.

Also I got my $$$$ back
                                What are you complaining about? You took my advice and got your money back, so what's the problem?
                                Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
                                X