No announcement yet.

Teh Confederacy is persecuted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evidently they don't know the reason for the whole mess.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO
      The flag of the South is really the flag of the ideal of personal freedom. The sad part is that the northern propoganda machine and the federalist who are scared of the debate are working hard to turn it into a symbol of intolerence.
      Do African American's see it that way?

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprayber
        I was born and raised in the South and love it's culture but the flying the flag of a dead goverment strikes me as living in the past and not a particularly great past at that. The sacrifices that were made time and time again on the battlefield were admirable but it was for a very distasteful cause. I keep hearing about states rights and I can appreciate the argument but in the end everyone knows the reason for the whole mess.
        This is the most sensible post on the Confederate flag I've seen on Poly, in this thread or any other. The fact that it's from a Southerner is icing on the cake.

Sprayber
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

• Indeed, Sprayber

You can be for states rights without dragging up the flag of a despicable "country" which rose in traitorous opposition to the United States and had as one of its major principles the cause of enslavement of other human beings.

As LOTM pointed out, the current "states rights" revival comes from the WEST, not the South. So maybe fly the flag of Arizona if you want to go for states rights. At the very least they didn't rise up as traitors against the US.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I think that the Confederacy flag is much nicer than that silly thing USA has made its flag. Too many stripes and stars there. It looks like a peasant woman's skirt, with an unfitting patch
            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
            Middle East!

Comment

• Originally posted by Heresson
              I think that the Confederacy flag is much nicer than that silly thing USA has made its flag. Too many stripes and stars there. It looks like a peasant woman's skirt, with an unfitting patch
              This from someone whose flag is a big white stripe over a big red stripe? Really, how long did it take you guys to come up with that?

(There's a "How many Poles does it take to design a flag?" joke in here somewhere, but I haven't had enough coffee to find it. Anyone? Anyone? )
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

• I lived in the Republic of Grenada during the regime of Maurice Bishop after the overthrow of Eric Gary. Some of the bus drivers on the island chose to display the Confederate battle flag on their buses to show their support for the revolutionary government because they were told that the flag was the 'rebel flag'. It always cracked me up to see these blacks guys driving around buses decorated with the 'rebel flag' along with a variety of Carribean and African themes.

The revolutionary party adopted as their party symbol a single red circle in the middle of a white field, a tribute to the nearly bloodless revolution. Only one man died during the coup. When Fidel Castro visited the island they decorated the parade route with crossed flags of Grenada's national flag and the party's flag on every telephone pole. It gave the island the surreal appearence of having surrendered to the Imperial Japanese Navy.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                X