Teh Confederacy is persecuted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teh Confederacy is persecuted!

2 men, aged 17 and 25, have put a flag of teh Confederacy on football field in Malogoszcz, Poland.
    They were arrested by the police, which accuses them of promoting a fascist / totalitarian regime. While the police is not sure if it is right in this case, it claims it has to be checked if showing off a flag of teh Confederacy is not racist in some way.
    The men were released after interrogation, yet
    I declare them political prisoners, martyrs of teh Confederacy and I think Mississipi or Georgia should give them free visas
    They were drunk, but wasn't the Confederacy army that captured Washington under Eric Cartman too?

Long live teh Confederacy!
    Confederacy flag should be banned
    14.29%
    Confederacy flag should be worshipped
    14.29%
    There stars in the USA flag should be replaced by tiny frogs
    42.86%
    Confederacy flag should be banana'ed.
    28.57%
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Facist?

Racist yeah, but facist in no way shape of form.
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
        Facist?

Racist yeah, but facist in no way shape of form.
        The US was racist during the time of the confederacy as well. Segregation was the best a black person could hope for in the north.

This story is just another example of how the South gets a bad name. Sad.
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Wait, I thought all those blue clad white boys from up North loved the black man?
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

They were arrested for that? Clearly the Polish police are the fascists here

Comment

Herreson, you ever read "Sophie's Choice"

The author, Willie Styron (a southerner) , posits many (sympathetic) parallels between Poland and the American South. I think you'd enjoy it.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

As Kuken said, if anybody was acting fascistic, it was the Polish cops. I'm no fan of morons waving the Confederate flag, but in free countries we allow them to display their idiocy.

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                  As Kuken said, if anybody was acting fascistic, it was the Polish cops. I'm no fan of morons waving the Confederate flag, but in free countries we allow them to display their idiocy.

-Arrian
                  I'm no fan of morons waiving any flag. However, I am a big fan of folks who waive any flag that stands for greater freedom. Idiocy is when someone knows not what they speak of, but simply goes along with a crowd in condeming things that they have no real knowledge of...that I am not a fan of eithier.
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

As usual. I simply don't understand that the Confederate flag really just stands for Southern pride or somesuch, and has no real connection to the Confederate States of America (which seceeded from the Union because its leadership wasn't gonna let those damn Yankees take their slaves away) or to Jim Crow, the KKK, etc?

No, of course not. And I'm an ignorant Yankee if I say otherwise.

The Confed flag as a symbol of "greater freedom"

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Slaver existed under the Amercian flag for much longer. As well as Jim Crow, as well as the KKK. Whats your point?

Comment

Facist? I do not discriminate against anyone no matter how the front of their head is formed!

The interesting thing is Patroklos is that the Pole spelt it right yet you managed to get it wrong
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

My point is that it's pretty sad if you think that the Confederate Flag (ANV flag? Naval Ensign? I forget) is a positive symbol. But hey, fly it with pride!

-Arrian

Comment

As usual. I simply don't understand that the Confederate flag really just stands for Southern pride or somesuch, and has no real connection to the Confederate States of America (which seceeded from the Union because its leadership wasn't gonna let those damn Yankees take their slaves away) or to Jim Crow, the KKK, etc?

No...you really don't understand!
                            The principle of State's Rights is what is represented by the Confederate Flag. As I am sure you know, the individual having more say in their government is generally accepted as "more freedom". Slavery was a main issue of the day in the Civil War for sure and the South was certainly misguided in their feelings. That, however, does not diminish the value of State's rights in any way.

No, of course not. And I'm an ignorant Yankee if I say otherwise.

No...just brainwashed by the victor's propoganda. You are to be pittied...not ridiculed.

The Confed flag as a symbol of "greater freedom"

I guess ignorance is strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                              Slaver existed under the Amercian flag for much longer. As well as Jim Crow, as well as the KKK. Whats your point?
                              When was the confederate battle flag added to southern state flags? Do you know? Think about what else was happening then.

(BTW, slavery existed under the US flag from 1776 to 1862, largely at the insistence of the very states that went on to form the Confederacy, especially later in that period. State enforced Jim Crow was also mainly found in former Confederate States. The KKK of the 1920s of course was a national phenomenon, though the Reconstruction era KKK had not been)
                              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                              X