No announcement yet.

My Commencement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually a commencement speech about me would be awesome for everyone.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Hmm, seems the speech was only half an hour. It just FELT like 45 minutes. Whaddaya know.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Oh yeah.

"Fifty years from tonight, only one vital question from our current era will still remain unanswered: Were the Houston Texans insane or simply incompetent when they decided not to draft Vince Young?" - David Oshinsky, at UT's 2007 Graduation speech

I am jealous. They got a much better speech.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
          Howzat?
          Cricket

Ranting miserablists

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
            Oh yeah.

"Fifty years from tonight, only one vital question from our current era will still remain unanswered: Were the Houston Texans insane or simply incompetent when they decided not to draft Vince Young?" - David Oshinsky, at UT's 2007 Graduation speech

I am jealous. They got a much better speech.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

my wtf graduation

To gramps: You weren't at the graduation and have no idea how bad it was. I was there. It was horrible. I am the proud mom of a graduate, happen to be a grandma too, and pray no one has to listen to that "green prophet of doom" speak ever! He told all these young people they were the most unfortunate group of people to ever graduate and they would all be dead in 50 years or sooner from starvation. Not exactly the commencement speech anyone expected. It would have been okay if we were at a sustainability lecture but was totally inappropriate at a graduation. The only upside I can see is all those kids who spent 160k for their diplomas shouldn't worry about paying back those nasty loans, they'll all be dead soon according to Jack-ass-son.

from a ticked off grandma

Comment

Congrats Elok!

I had my graduation too, just a few weeks ago.

Now you'll have to enter the real world.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Re: my wtf graduation

Originally posted by grandma
                  To gramps: You weren't at the graduation and have no idea how bad it was. I was there. It was horrible. I am the proud mom of a graduate, happen to be a grandma too, and pray no one has to listen to that "green prophet of doom" speak ever! He told all these young people they were the most unfortunate group of people to ever graduate and they would all be dead in 50 years or sooner from starvation. Not exactly the commencement speech anyone expected. It would have been okay if we were at a sustainability lecture but was totally inappropriate at a graduation. The only upside I can see is all those kids who spent 160k for their diplomas shouldn't worry about paying back those nasty loans, they'll all be dead soon according to Jack-ass-son.

Amazing, a ticked off grandma at some graduation event comes here to vent

Ok

You have vented now you may be seated...

We here are having a commencment ceremony as well, its called I was having a little humor but forgot to tell you (and others here) i was jerking your chain

Ok, now go check out the rest of the site and remember this, in lieu of my humor gone awry, please exchange, via PM, IMDL#OU812, with, yes Solver. He should be able to handle this, its good for a free lunch, on Apolyton, courtesy of our sponsors, Strategic planners and Members or just share SPAM for short.

be well, and dont be ticked off anymo'

GT
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

elok where did you go to college?

grandpa troll , your last post made no sense. also, I think grandma is a DL,

Comment

What I want to know is why Elok and his cohorts didn't boo this joker off the stage.
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                        elok where did you go to college?

grandpa troll , your last post made no sense. also, I think grandma is a DL,
                        This doesnt surprise me, I was joking and since you and I most certainly are different wave lengths, well, diffrnt strokes

Comment

Dam this is where you and the whole class stand up and walk out to show this a@@ what you think of his opinions, But then agian you can look at it this way too opinions are lik A22holes everybody has one.
                          Congrats elok
                          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

This was at Washington College in Chestertown, MD. The students didn't select Dr. Jackson as speaker, he was chosen against our wishes. At least he only got an honorary degree, though, not money.
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

why does Drixnak keep making DL's?
                              pieceâ„¢
                              Order of the Fly
                              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                                This was at Washington College in Chestertown, MD. The students didn't select Dr. Jackson as speaker, he was chosen against our wishes. At least he only got an honorary degree, though, not money.
                                Elok, just curious, what did you Major in (and do you have a minor)

Thanks

GT

(also, this has little to do with the guest speaker, more so to do with what people are getting certified in)

GT

Comment

Working...
                                X