No announcement yet.

To all civ2 MPers that I used to play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, who wants to lose to me in a nice game of civ2?

Comment

• Originally posted by EyesOfNight
      So, who wants to lose to me in a nice game of civ2?
      No we are busy planning a game with you sir
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Did you want to lose in a game real quick GT? Seriously, I'll make it really fast on you. Probably wouldn't last past 3000BC.

Comment

• Please tell us how you do that Eyes

Comment

• Small map, send horses out. Easy.

Comment

• I once had an explorer take my undefended capitol. My mistake, I was clearing darkness. Was about 8 turns.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Actually I think that was the game with me and I took it at about 3250BC. That was also back in the day when we didn't restart with tech start so I had alphabet to begin with. Then I got map, pottery out of huts and I researched seafaring. rush built an explorer and thus began the explorer rush strategy. Often imitated by others, never duplicated.

Comment

• That was the one. I was so shocked.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• I know, there was a big discussion on it that you started accusing me of cheating.

Comment

• Yes, I did. You have to admit, it was fast. It had to have shocked you, almost as much as it shocked me.

Comment

• Not really, more like a realization of the power of it and all the things I would be able to do with it. It was the dawn of a new strategy that people today now use.

Comment

• It's a strategy if you have a jump on those particular advances. I don't think people set out with no extra advances and make explorers their priority. But if they do, finding someone that quickly would be outside the norm.

Comment

• People use that strategy early mid game when people still aren't defending yet and they have monarchy. Usually they got map making or pottery or something out of a hut and it's a good idea to go ahead and get the tech.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyesOfNight
                              Wow MRT, never knew you cared so much. You are on a real crusade to change my ways aren't you? There's better hobbies out there you know.

In other news, this topic is now up to nearly 200 posts and over 1500 views. This ranks up there with the topics I used to start in the Civ2 forum back in the days.
                              Im on the crusade to help you confer your own benefit to all of us
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                                Yes, I did. You have to admit, it was fast. It had to have shocked you, almost as much as it shocked me.

Comment

Working...
                                X