Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you let religion ruin your potential multi-million dollar career?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor guy. He would have thrived in the NHL where the league shuts down over the weekend.
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
      Sandy Koufax is a living god. In his prime, he had an ERA of 0.86. Unfortunately, he threw his elbow out at too young an age.
      While Koufax was a great pitcher, there was NO season that he had an ERA as low as 0.86. He did do 1.73. Perhaps you are thinking of that? And besides, he played in an era that favored the pitcher, where the league ERA was very low. His best ERA+ (ERA adjusted for park and era effects) is 56th all time. And Koufax's career ERA+ is 33rd. Good, but not living God like.

That title is reserved for Pedro Martinez (and I'm being serious).
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The Pedro... didn't he refuse to play on Cinco de Mayo?

(\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Isn't this just a variation on Pascal's Wager?
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Soon as i read the OP I thought of Koufax.

I love listening to the old broadcast of his perfect game.
            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Depends on what's important to you.

I'm pretty sure this kid would opt for the sabbath over his playing commitments and end up in a different career that will accommodate him. It shouldn't be a choice between your faith and making a good living. It is possible to do both.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Sure it's possible, but it's not going to be professional hockey. Something else? Sure, why not.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                X