Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people go to the gym but then only do cardio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stretching is very important, most back problems are because of having too short a achilles tendon. Which is because of sitting all the day.

It also gives muscles more space to grow.
    When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

• It also gives muscles more space to grow.
      I didn't know this... where did you hear it? Have a net source for that?

Comment

• Originally posted by VJ

I didn't know this... where did you hear it? Have a net source for that?
        It's sort of true, in that it expands the connective tissue sheathing the muscles.
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• I cant be bothered finding a source for it but thats what all the sports coaches I have ever had have told me. No reason to doubt those guys since they had degrees in that stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by ískallin
            Stretching is very important, most back problems are because of having too short a achilles tendon. Which is because of sitting all the day.

It also gives muscles more space to grow.
            I must start trying to stretch my skin too so that my muscles can grow..

The BS people think about fitness
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• So what makes you a expert on fitness sir?

Comment

• Originally posted by ískallin
                So what makes you a expert on fitness sir?
                Having spent five years patrolling http://forum.bodybuilding.com
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• The first purpose loaded stretching serves is to expand the sheath of connective tissue that lines your muscles, thereby making more room for them to grow. You see, a muscle is covered with a protective layer of tissue called fascia, and the tightness of this layer determines how much the muscle can expand. Picture a leather water bag that holds about one liter. Now try filling it with one and a half liters of water-you won't be able to unless you stretch the bag. The fascia "bag" over your muscles is not very elastic, and after a few years of making progress in your training, your muscles swell against it. At this point, your body's regulatory system kicks in, slowing growth tremendously in order to prevent any ruptures. Unless you stretch the fascia to accommodate more growth, your results will be disappointing no matter how hard you continue to train. Loaded stretching increases the elasticity of these fascia bags more effectively than static stretching alone, allowing for growth to occur at an optimal rate.
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

• If you know so much LordShiva how come you only work out arms?
                    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Who told you that?

Comment

• Originally posted by LordShiva
                        Who told you that?
                        I've seen the pic - sparrow chest
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• How the devil do you know he only works out his arms?
                          I remember him saying that he loved doing squats sometime.

Comment

• Somebody's really landing on his nose...

Comment

• Originally posted by Doddler

I've seen the pic - sparrow chest
                              Link?

BTW, from your pic, I can tell that you need to spend more time on the forearms

Comment

• Where is doddlers pic??

Comment

Working...
                                X