Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people go to the gym but then only do cardio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LordShiva

I had to work my ass off for those, and eat ~5,000 calories a day (more on workout days).
    pic?
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• It's buried in the pic thread somewhere
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• Originally posted by Doddler

Naturally skinny people can really suffer when it comes to putting on mass.

One main thing to take from this thread is that everyone's bodytype is different and while some advice is generic, to get a good routine going you need to be able to sculpt it to serve your requirements. If you're naturally lardy, reduce the carbs. If you're naturally skinny, fill up as much as you can on good calories. And then supplement them with liquid cals (drink milk, olive oil, etc) if you can't eat enough..

Yeah, I have been disappointed in not gaining more weight in muscle. I'm more toned and so forth, but nothing dramatically noticeable yet.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• If you really want to put on muscle, do steroids. Honestly, there's so much bull**** and myth around steroids it's sad. I too was against using them until I actually tried them. I'm on a cycle right now and I have ZERO side effects aside from the fact that I've put on 15 pounds in less than 3 weeks. I spent years doing it "naturally" pumping myself full of creatine and other **** and the reality is that they aren't completely side effect free. At this point I think it's better to just eat right, work out properly, and do steroids. Cut inbetween cycles, and bulk like a madman while on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyesOfNight
            If you really want to put on muscle, do steroids. Honestly, there's so much bull**** and myth around steroids it's sad. I too was against using them until I actually tried them. I'm on a cycle right now and I have ZERO side effects aside from the fact that I've put on 15 pounds in less than 3 weeks.

So were the random bouts of unprovoked aggression and teeny-tiny shrivelled testicles already in place?
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• I haven't experienced any shutdown so far, and roid rage is a total myth. There are very few steroids that make people "rage." Testicular atrophy usually takes some time to set in and it's reversable for the most part through a proper PCT.

Comment

• Surely there are less hazardous ways to get a boyfriend?
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Laz this is the final time I'm going to tell you...just because I post on Apolyton does not make me gay and I am certainly not interested in you. Apolyton isn't just for gay people, though sometimes it seems that way. I know there's a guy out there somewhere who would be able to stomach you, but it's not me. So please, stop private messaging me with those disgusting stories of your homosexual experiences.

Comment

• In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• Why must it be wholemeal pasta? The thing is that wholemeal pasta is a lot more expensive than normal.

Comment

• The thing is that almost all healthy food is a lot more expensive than normal food.
                        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Yeah see Siro's thread. But there's stuff that isn't that much more expensive, and non-wholemeal pasta sure isn't 'unhealthy'.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Uhhh...no.

If you go back to how you were living before you will eventually get back to where you were before. Duh. That's true of any regimen. After I reached target weight (actually, target bfp) I simply began to increase my carbohydrate intake to maintenance levels (on that schedule, total of ~2500 calories for a man my age and size).

I've gained about half of that weight back over the last 3 months due to a stream of injuries (ankle, arm and finger) that have kept me out of the gym, but I'm still ~10% bfp.

Most people don't have the time for an intense work out regimen. I was lucky to have the time, and lost 50 pounds over the course of 9 months, and in the year and a half since then, I have stayed within 5 pounds of my target weight, even though for the last few months I have done very little exercise in the gym.

Like Sava, for most people (because everyone has different needs) gaining control of diet is the key. Though unlike Sava I don't believe in "bad food" vs. "good food." Anything that doesn't poison you is fine, as long as you know what amount of it your body can handle without problems.
                            If you don't like reality, change it! me
                            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• How long should you stay sore? I have been doing Body Pump at my gym recently, and I am generally sore for 2ish days after that. Why do you stay sore? (what can I do to stop being sore)

Jon Miller
                              (I do the lowest recommended weight, and not even that for shoulders)
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• For somebody in reasonable shape, 50 k a week shouldn't take more than 2 hours a week (actual running time; add in some prep time and it's more like 3 hours)

Add in ~2-3 hours of weights per week and you're still under 6 hours a week.

That was more than enough to drive me into better shape than most people ever attain.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X