X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** ya
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; April 22, 2011, 08:23.
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney
        no good deed goes unpunished.
        Rule of Acquisition 285.
        APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Not nearly enough cynicism on this thread. I'd offer some myself but I can't be arsed to bo battle with all the Karmaistas and Religionistas right now. Maybe later.

Comment

In the meantime, I'll offer one word for y'all to think about.

Butters.

Last edited by Cort Haus; April 4, 2007, 10:49.

Comment

I always thought Butter was a very threatening word, if you didn't know what it meant.

I believe your reward for a good deed is the feeling you get for the deed itself. When/if I help people I usually feel good about myself and about whoever I helped not having to go it alone. Expecting more reward than that is beyond selfish, IMO.

Still, I also think that if you are good person and do good things for the right reason that good things will happen to you. Not by fate or karma, but because by doing so you have put yourself in a position for such good things to happen to you at a higher rate of probability. I always say 'you become the company you keep', and the same is true for attitude, mindset, etc.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Where does the phrase "nice guys finish last" come from?

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; April 22, 2011, 08:23.
                  Order of the Fly

Comment

Good deeds, in the final analysis, do not go unrewarded.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Indeed.

You never know when you may find yourself needing the help of other people.

I have been in both situations, and it really makes you thankful for the people who do care.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

A good deed is its own reward.
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I agree. Doing good is the point.

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; April 22, 2011, 08:24.
                            Order of the Fly

Comment

I disbelieve in karma or that good things go around and what not.

Do good deeds, just because. That is all. It's not even "it's own reward", or whatever that bull**** is about.

It's just something you do.
                              B♭3

Comment

Now repent. This involves whipping your back until the skin brokes.

Comment

Working...
                                X