do good deeds go unrewarded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do good deeds go unrewarded?

Last edited by ZEE; April 22, 2011, 08:22.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Good on you.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

If it makes you feel good, it's already paid off
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

you do good things because you hope for payback? does that make you a good christian?
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; April 22, 2011, 08:23.
          Order of the Fly

Comment

in my case they do. .

just do what feels right. not because you expect something out of it.

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; April 22, 2011, 08:23.
              Order of the Fly

Comment

The universe is cyclical. What goes around comes around. If you are a Christian the bible tells us that we are to do good deeds without the thought of the outcome as well as we are to do these deeds and not tell anyone so as not to look for the praise for the deed. "To the least of these you do unto me"

You should do good deeds or things because you are moved in your spirit or soul to do them. The kindness you showed him probably ment the world to him and maybe he will go out of his way to show kindness to someone else when he remembers what you did for him.

At least he was willing to work for what you gave him. My husband stopped one time to a street corner will work for food guy and told him he'd give him a job at $9 per hour. It wasn't much but it would be a paycheck. The guy turned it down because then he'd, and I quote "really have to work"
                Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I was thinking the same thing as Japher. Repent!

Comment

yeah I had a guy who came to my door offering to pull up my weeds. (I'm not much of a green thumb ). But I was getting ready for work and didn't have time to mess with him. I would have taken him up on his offer any other time if I was at home. He was a black guy, he didn't look to be too down on his luck though.

I'd help out more bums if I knew they were more genuine and willing to work. As it is now, I just don't know. And I never give out money. Perhaps I should change my ways.

Comment

Sacrifice rewards us by freeing us from self.

Jon Miller
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

no good deed goes unpunished.
                          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney
                            no good deed goes unpunished.
                            QFT
                            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

You're not being a good Christian.

You're being a good human being

Kudos.

Spec.
                              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X