Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drinking in 'moderation'

Originally posted by Caligastia
    There seems to be little agreement about the definition of 'moderate' drinking, yet most agree that drinking in moderation has health benefits. Personally, I have a beer or two after work each day and possibly more than that on the weekend if I'm going out. How much do you drink? What is 'moderate'?
    When you drink less then black people?

Not as good as Asher's.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

I was hoping you'd show up and see, before I left for work.
      I aim to please
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
        Now, there are some substances which are physically addictive by themselves. But the physical addiction in alcohol isn't that bad.
        I agree it isn't so bad, I drank a lot for a while...

But I beleive people have died from the detox...

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Alcohol is significantly physically addicting once you get to later stages. If anyone thinks it's merely psychological is fooling themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
            Alcohol is significantly physically addicting once you get to later stages. If anyone thinks it's merely psychological is fooling themselves.
            Kid,

i REALLY want to argue this point of yours. I want to prove you wrong and watch you slink away in shame. I rather ENJOY it i must admit. however, it appears on this particular issue...

I AGREE with you

from personal experience...
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Probably pretty recently too.

Comment

In fact if you agree with me then you must be very drunk right now.

Comment

Probably pretty recently too.
                  ive said too much already...

though i WILL admit that while alcohol was a problem for me, there were other things that i considered to be worse addictions in my life. For some others ive known however, alcohol only served as "fuel-for-the-fire" so to speak... and literally turned them into raging madmen. Whether or not thats a physical, or a psycological addiction i dont know.

In fact if you agree with me then you must be very drunk right now.

Order of the Fly

Comment

Well you start to become physically addicted to alcohol in one use and get progressively more physically addicted, so I don't know how someone can say that the physical addiction isn't that bad.

About 5 percent of people suffer from alcoholism. Considering the problems they have as a result I can hardly think that its just phsycological.

Comment

Well you start to become physically addicted to alcohol in one use and get progressively more physically addicted, so I don't know how someone can say that the physical addiction isn't that bad.

About 5 percent of people suffer from alcoholism. Considering the problems they have as a result I can hardly think that its just phsycological.
                      Regardless of the type of the addiction alcoholism spawns from, i believe it to be extremely dangerous in some people... as my very life has been in jeopardy several times by raging-lunatic alcoholics...

i cant think of anything else to say, as a flood of bad memories has just rushed into my brain...
                      Order of the Fly

Comment

"Sobriety is to be consumed with moderation." — Baudelaire

In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

I have been drinking in moderation during the week so it doesnt affect my work and sort of binge drinking at the weekend for the past 7 or so weekends. JD for breakfast waste not want not
                          Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty
                            I have been drinking in moderation during the week so it doesnt affect my work and sort of binge drinking at the weekend for the past 7 or so weekends. JD for breakfast waste not want not
                            wtf snotty, what state are in you on a Sunday morning then?
                            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion

No, it hasn't. It's my pet peeve with the media actually. They report this over and over and yet there is no proof for it.
                              Yours, too? It's one of those "everybody knows"-things now, good excuse for drinking.

Originally posted by Doddler
                              Alcohol lowers testosterone, it's not that good for us blokes.
                              There has been just a single British study about this and that was about beer, not alcohol in general...

Comment

Originally posted by VJ

There has been just a single British study about this and that was about beer, not alcohol in general...
                                Why would the non-alcohol content of beer lower testosterone?
                                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                                X