Drinking in 'moderation'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinking in 'moderation'

There seems to be little agreement about the definition of 'moderate' drinking, yet most agree that drinking in moderation has health benefits. Personally, I have a beer or two after work each day and possibly more than that on the weekend if I'm going out. How much do you drink? What is 'moderate'?
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

What does this have to do with black people?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

"You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

1-3 glasses of red wine per day should be good (red, not white nor beer).

If you can't get out of bed before you have emptied a beer and/or done a cigarette, then you are in trouble.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Ok, close this thread.

Spec.
          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I love red wine but not as much as beer or vodka and liquors.

I think im going to get a bottle of Chianti or Cabernet though
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I prefer not to poison myself with vile beverages.

Tea is my only vice...No sugar though!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Re: Drinking in 'moderation'

Originally posted by Caligastia
                There seems to be little agreement about the definition of 'moderate' drinking, yet most agree that drinking in moderation has health benefits. Personally, I have a beer or two after work each day and possibly more than that on the weekend if I'm going out. How much do you drink? What is 'moderate'?
                I save up my weekly units for a splurge every two or three weeks (usually coinciding with a big rugby (LEAGUE!) game or a uni reunion or something like that).

I would class a binge as something that would leave your work suffering the day after.
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I dont drink much anymore.

when i DO drink, i prefer strong-as-hell Vodka that i will just take shots with and get so totally smashed that i will forget everything i will do the next 6-12 hours afterwards...
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                    1-3 glasses of red wine per day should be good
                    Says who?

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion

Says who?
                      A danish doc/scientist, and who am I to speak against science
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

For regular drinking, one glass of red wine a day is recommanded. Good for health. However, I rarely drink on a daily basis (and when I do, I'm not sure it's in moderation )

I guess one glass of beer a day is okay as well, no problem there.

For party drinking, I wouldn't know what "reasonable" is. I actually never wondered
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I don't drink. There must be something wrong with me. Well, there is, but...
                          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                            For regular drinking, one glass of red wine a day is recommanded. Good for health. However, I rarely drink on a daily basis (and when I do, I'm not sure it's in moderation )

I guess one glass of beer a day is okay as well, no problem there.

For party drinking, I wouldn't know what "reasonable" is. I actually never wondered
                            And this is why the French wine industry is going down the tubes. It used to be, that every French person would have a glass of wine with lunch and one or two with dinner.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

My idea of drinking in moderation is drinking enough to feel happy, but not so much that I make a complete *** and arse of myself.

If I drink, it;s hardly every in moderation,

Thankfully I only drink about twoce a week.
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X