The foods of Britain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
    They have no redeeming features, like overgrown bogies...
    They taste nice with a bit of white pepper
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Doddler

Sprouts are ace. Enjoying sprouts is the sign of a mature palate.
      It's certainly the sign of an older person's palate, as the bitterness of sprouts usually puts children off them. Just like brassicas, olives and so on.

I like 'em fried with chestnuts and lardons.

I like liver too- liver kebabs are dee-lightful.

Um, and kedgeree for breakfast- had it at an army camp after a wedding I attended there. Devilled kidneys too.

Egads, I'm hungry again.

Time to toss off a dandeliion leaf and quial egg salad with croutons and then on to trout and toasted almonds with new potatoes and samphire and finish off with some lime syllabub.
      Attached Files
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
        Time to toss off...
        Please, this is a public forum
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Chicken livers are my favourite Molly, though very difficult to cook just right. I think a lot of people are put off liver as kids because their mums over-cooked it, leaving it rubbery and dry.
          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Or undercooked it, which is even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
              Or undercooked it, which is even worse.
              Depends what you mean by undercooked. They should be a little pink in the middle.
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Doddler
                Chicken livers are my favourite Molly, though very difficult to cook just right. I think a lot of people are put off liver as kids because their mums over-cooked it, leaving it rubbery and dry.
                School dinner liver- like fossilized trainers in watered diarrhoea.

Gack.

I like chicken livers very much- lightly fired with just salt and pepper, or with garlic.

I like calves' livers and ox liver too, but with a piquant or spicy curry sauce.

I'm very fond of kidneys and like heart too.

I like the way the Chinese cook tripe- with black beans and chilli, or in soup. Not madly keen on tripe and onions Lancashire style.

I used to like pigs' feet too, and tails.

Mmm, oxtail soup with rye bread.
                Attached Files
                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                X