Fags!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brachy-Pride
    Is it ok to call cigars "fags" or is it like saying niggardly for avaricious?
    Most people know British people call their cigarettes "fags". If you had to talk to your grandmother or someone you couldn't say "damn" in front of, of course you would say "cigarette". Usually in the US if someone says "***" as in cigarette, they're using the double meaning to make a small joke.

"Niggardly" is a word that has largely fallen out of use. I think the average audience would understand better if you used "avaricious". Just to be on the safe side I would not touch the word.
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

niggardly riles up ******s of all races
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

More incentives not to smoke!
        I was thinking of making that joke, but I figured that would be too insensitive. But I knew we'd have a poster insensitive enough to post it. Way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
          actually my solution is smokers should smoke in a small 5X5 room and be forced to breathe in their own smoke they produce. No ventilation. No windows or anything. You'd have to have a transition room so the smoke doesn't spill out when they exit. Then the air in the transition room would be pumped back into the smoking room.

that could be a tad expensive though. .
          You havent been to hawaii casue thats exactly what the do to the smokers in most of thier indoor bars. for the ones (bars) on the beach you have to leave the whole area and go to the shore line to smoke. not to bad a deal since its usually at night when your at a bar and the ocean is beautiful. walk along the beach and smoke cause they cant stop ya from taking your beer
          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Yeah, that sounds really nice, a long walk on the beach in Hawaii. Wish I could say I've been there.

Up here it's a pretty bad deal Smokers have to smoke outside if the restaurant is non-smoking even when it is -10 or -20 out. It really makes no sense here either. The folks who don't smoke don't mind if other folks do since we have so many smokers. The law though is that they have to provide non-smoking or they are fined by the provincial government .
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Ben, you smoke?

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                raped by who? another employee? a patient? or a regular citizen.
                'regular citizen' - if rapists can be considered regular. They should be shot IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                  I was thinking of making that joke, but I figured that would be too insensitive. But I knew we'd have a poster insensitive enough to post it. Way to go.
                  I continue to break the barriers.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                    Up here it's a pretty bad deal Smokers have to smoke outside if the restaurant is non-smoking even when it is -10 or -20 out. It really makes no sense here either. The folks who don't smoke don't mind if other folks do since we have so many smokers.
                    Yeah, the non-smokers are probably upset that they don't get to breathe second hand smoke whilst eating.

Comment

Why is it, that the biggest *******s are always the ones who don't smoke?
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                        Why is it, that the biggest *******s are always the ones who don't smoke?
                        To be fair, not all non-smokers are anti-smoking zealots.

However, the first government to try and eliminate smoking was the same government that tried exterminating its political and 'racial' enemies.

Comment

Of course not all non-smokers

But jerks usually are non-smokers, and anti-smoking zealots are _always_ *******s. They're a much bigger problem than smoke or smokers.
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

. It really makes no sense here either. The folks who don't smoke don't mind if other folks do since we have so many smokers.
                            Huh? All my friends are delighted not to have to breathe in others smoke to enjoy many establishments. I think the drop off in business that bars feared has not come about
                            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                              However, the first government to try and eliminate smoking was the same government that tried exterminating its political and 'racial' enemies.
                              Godwin

Comment

i think there as many smokers that are b@tches as non, I agree with the fact that some folks dont wantto be around smoke i think thats why they have smoking areas. How good the ventalition is i dont know, I do however agree that there are many crazy non smokers that want it banned in all the outdoors, which i dont think is plausible. Since last i checked roaming the earth was consider a right. If ya think about it banning smoking outdoors, wouldnt they have to ban bar b queing as well?
                                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X