X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious

Why is this important?
    Because they could HAVE a building. BUt they didn't jjust want a building. They wanted a government provided byuilding to be given them for free.

Read their blog
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
      So you would support riots to protest the end of a tax credit?
      Well if there were riots I wouldn't say it's just about getting credits. I would call it an injustice to remove credits designed for the poor. I certainly wouldn't call it an injustice to remove a credit for the rich.
      Obviously . . . and if the group had accepted a new building it would have ended differently as well.
      They shouldn't have had to go to another building. That's what the Fundies wanted.

There you go blaming the buyers again. The bought something from the people that owned it. What SHOCKING behavior!!!
      Intent.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Or any other FREE building-- read the activist blog. they wanted an aknowledgement of their right to a free building of same or larger size in the same area in perpetuity
        They would accept a new building. It's a compromise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian

Their argument is that they have some sort of right to a free (and "self-governed") building provided in perpetuity by the city. -Arrian
          Does anyone know how the youths were structured in the building? Since the information indicated they were not a corporate or legal entity as a group ( hence they named 4 individuals for eviction) I wondered how they decided things like who gets to stay, who has to leave if disruptive. Who paid the electricity bill ( or was that the city as well)?

It obviously has worked to some degree for 17 years and I doubt many of the individuals are the same so I wondered how it worked. I asume like any group there would be personality clashes and internal politics.
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• A new free building.

Remember, they received a bunch of donations - not their own money, AFAIK, with which they could purchase their own building, but they refuse. They believe they have a right to have one given to them by the city. I don't know what they intend to do with the donations they received.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

It's a response to this:

But it does, you see. Their argument is that they have some sort of right to a free (and "self-governed") building provided in perpetuity by the city. This means no rent.

-Arrian
              I don't give two cents about the rent. OMFG some poor people want some free rent! **** a lot of people in the US get free rent. It's called Section 8 housing. Are you against that? I really don't care.

I'm here in opposition to what the Fundies did. I think its indicative of society.

Comment

They would accept a new building.

Apparently not if it wasn't free and provided by the city .

Free to them and paid for by those sympathetic was unacceptable ( but I tend to think they will accept this sooner or later)

Comment

You might want to consider that maybe the reason they tend to go after leftists first is because we speak for everyone.
                  That, and the follow-ups, must be one of the most arrogant posts I've seen on this forum in a long time.
                  So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                  Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

• Alright, you guys only care about the rent and I only care about the intent of the Fundies and the results. What the hell are we talking to each other for. I got **** to do.

Comment

• First of all, perhaps some Danes can tell us more, but I wasn't aware that these people were especially poor, necessarily. Hippy doesn't necessarily equal poor. Even if they were, ok, I'm not necessarily against the city giving them free use of a building. It's a nice thing to do. But their is no OBLIGATION, as far as I'm concerned, to do that.

Furthermore, if this was really about housing for poor people, those poor people are now in position to purchase a new place (thanks to the donations) but REFUSE TO DO SO ON PRINCIPLE!

They would rather riot and break **** than take the donation money and buy a new place... that they could then own in perpetuity.

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

That, and the follow-ups, must be one of the most arrogant posts I've seen on this forum in a long time.
                        Well I'm a fairly humble person. I don't know what you find arrogant.

Comment

I don't give two cents about the rent. OMFG some poor people want some free rent! **** a lot of people in the US get free rent. It's called Section 8 housing. Are you against that? I really don't care.
                          and the people that get section 8 housing have to qualify periodically right ??

They have responsibilities to maintain the housing and the owner can come in to inspect when they want right??

I support low-income housing. But if you get a place, that should not entitle you to that place forever for you and your children with no responsibility and accountability on your part.

Oh and who said these kids were poor? Big stereotype there. Are you saying trust fund kids couldn't and are not among them?

Comment

Furthermore, if this was really about housing for poor people, those poor people are now in position to purchase a new place (thanks to the donations) but REFUSE TO DO SO ON PRINCIPLE!
                            Well you know they could have just let them be in the first place.

Comment

and the people that get section 8 housing have to qualify periodically right ??

They have responsibilities to maintain the housing and the owner can come in to inspect when they want right??

I support low-income housing. But if you get a place, that should not entitle you to that place forever for you and your children with no responsibility and accountability on your part.
                              Interesting that this is about how they maintained the house now, and not whether they pay rent or not.

Oh and who said these kids were poor? Big stereotype there. Are you saying trust fund kids couldn't and are not among them?
                              Oh come on Flubber. Must one prove everything to you. Don't you have a lick of common sense.

Comment

• ...and it all comes down to the fact that you just plain out feel SORRY for these people, dont you Kid...
                                Order of the Fly
                                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                                X