This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AAHZ
    ...and it all comes down to the fact that you just plain out feel SORRY for these people, dont you Kid...
    I'll tell you what it breaks down to. People acting like it's about the ****ing rent. I can't stand that ****. I can't astand the bull****. Come real, or STFU!
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• i know Kid... but you have to look at all perspectives here. if people dont understand YOUR philosophy of caring for those that are in dire need... how could you POSSIBLY understand their wanting of a capitalistic society? nothing will get solved this way...
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
        First of all, perhaps some Danes can tell us more, but I wasn't aware that these people were especially poor, necessarily. Hippy doesn't necessarily equal poor. Even if they were, ok, I'm not necessarily against the city giving them free use of a building. It's a nice thing to do. But their is no OBLIGATION, as far as I'm concerned, to do that.

Furthermore, if this was really about housing for poor people, those poor people are now in position to purchase a new place (thanks to the donations) but REFUSE TO DO SO ON PRINCIPLE!

They would rather riot and break **** than take the donation money and buy a new place... that they could then own in perpetuity.

-Arrian
        Nope, nothing to do with lots of poor people that hasn't a place to live. As far as I know, noone had their address there. Most of the users were teenagers that still lived home with mommy and daddy while others were students/workers/artists with their own college rooms or appartments.

It's not an housing but a socalled "Folkets Hus", wich many danish cities have. They were build by the unions as meeting places typically in the early 1900's. They typically has some administrative office areas and one or two large rooms used for parties and political meetings. The current building had two such.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by AAHZ
          i know Kid... but you have to look at all perspectives here. if people dont understand YOUR philosophy of caring for those that are in dire need... how could you POSSIBLY understand their wanting of a capitalistic society? nothing will get solved this way...
          I'm not expecting anything to get solved. I accept people, and the world the way they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat

Nope, nothing to do with lots of poor people that hasn't a place to live. As far as I know, noone had their address there. Most of the users were teenagers that still lived home with mommy and daddy while others were students/workers/artists with their own college rooms or appartments.

It's not an housing but a socalled "Folkets Hus", wich many danish cities have. They were build by the unions as meeting places typically in the early 1900's. They typically has some administrative office areas and one or two large rooms used for parties and political meetings. The current building had two such.
            Was it not a soup kitchen?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious

Must one prove everything to you.
              err on this yes- You want to portray these folks as impoverished and needing a place to stay. THat may be but I haven't seen any evidence on that point yet so yes please prove it

Originally posted by Kidicious

Don't you have a lick of common sense.
              Many. Its one of the reasons I succeed in the business world. My bosses and co-workers like that I take a real-world practical approach to issues

With that I'm off-- I have to go use the "law" to opress someone-- I'm in the mood to oppress a farmer today
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• I'm not convinced these people were in dire need. To me this is not about 'rent' as much as people expecting to be given a freebie for ever and throwing their toys out of the pram when they didn't get it.

Most 'anarchists' and hippies I've met have been from relatively comfortable backgrounds, whose claims to being needy are often hypocritical. I don't know what the case is here, but I'm not sure that they are as poor and downtrodden as they are being portrayed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
                  Many. Its one of the reasons I succeed in the business world. My bosses and co-workers like that I take a real-world practical approach to issues
                  Pro-business sense /= real world sense.

Hell I've got the same business sense. It will help your company I'm sure. That does not translate elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus
                    I'm not convinced these people were in dire need. To me this is not about 'rent' as much as people expecting to be given a freebie for ever and throwing their toys out of the pram when they didn't get it.

Most 'anarchists' and hippies I've met have been from relatively comfortable backgrounds, whose claims to being needy are often hypocritical. I don't know what the case is here, but I'm not sure that they are as poor and downtrodden as they are being portrayed.
                    Background doesn't really mean anything. I come from a middle-class background as well. Now I am poor and have been for sometime. I've been to college too.

Comment

• since when are all hippies anarchists?

Here we used to have lots of hippies who didnt riot to keep free building, IIUC.
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Was it not a soup kitchen?
                        Depends what you put in that term. They didn't use the kitchen to hand food out to the poor or such, but they did cook for parties, arrangements and vistors of the day.
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat

Depends what you put in that term. They didn't use the kitchen to hand food out to the poor or such, but they did cook for parties, arrangements and vistors of the day.
                          I think what matters is that they didn't have money to pay rent. The fact that others had to donate money for them is indicative of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
                            since when are all hippies anarchists?
                            Did someone say all hippies were anarchists?

Comment

I think what matters is that they didn't have money to pay rent. The fact that others had to donate money for them is indicative of that.
                              Wrong qoute ? Doesn't make much sense.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
                                since when are all hippies anarchists?

Here we used to have lots of hippies who didnt riot to keep free building, IIUC.
                                Maybe some where hippies until this. Now they are anarcists.

Comment

Working...
                                X