Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Tap Water in Your City/Area Drinkable and do You Drink It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
    What is your problem? You're like a festering abcess that just won't go away...capable of maximum irritation.
    Wow, Doddler, and now Asher.

So its that time of the month PH?

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Unfortunately Stew is someone I have to inhabit the same island as...
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

And that island is about 20 square feet?

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Yes and no (Paris)

I'd drink tap water if I lived alone (I used to), but my parents are addicted to bottled water. When in Rome...
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
            Yes and no (Paris)

I'd drink tap water if I lived alone (I used to), but my parents are addicted to bottled water. When in Rome...
            This explains your addition to communism...lack of free thought.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
              And that island is about 20 square feet?

Spec.
              We could be at opposite ends of Sumatra and it wouldn't be far enough
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

yes, yes (to the thread question), I regularly drink/drank tapped water in Cologne, Rottenburg/Neckar, Munich, Mühldorf/Inn (Germany), York and Lancaster (UK) and Nancy (France).

Official analysis from Mühldorf:
                Lead < 0,001 mg/l
                Copper not mentioned

Tap water is under far more rigid control in Germany than bottled water, so there is no need to buy expensive bottles.
                Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Yep, yep. Washington, DC. There are many... um... "particulates" in the water, so it's best to use a simple charcoal filter such as Brita. My parents have well water, for which they have a reverse-osmosis filtration system.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Dasani and Auqafina are both just filtered tap water.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Coca Cola tried selling Dasani here in the UK - there was uproar when the public found out they were just purifying and bottling tap water from London!

Further uproar that resulted in the final death knell of Coke's misguided deception was when their 'purification' process actually increased carcinogenic bromides in the water...

Dasani in the UK: RIP!
                      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Yes, no. Well, sometimes, if I don't have lemonade or beer, but that happens like once per year.

My wife doesn't drink tap water, for her I buy French bottled water for €5,29 per 6 liter bottles.

Comment

Yes and yes.

No cleaning allowed, so any well not meeting limits is closed.
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Yes and yes (Singapore).

My wife uses a Brita filter and claims she can taste the difference. I can't, and opening the tap is easier than opening the fridge.
                            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

We too have a brita filter because the girly insists she can taste the difference etc, personally I operate in the same manner as Rufus. Meh.

I have from time to time poured her water from the tap without her noticing and not had a complaint...
                              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Yes/yes

In Prince George, our water comes from 100m deep wells in gravel. My wife still buys the bottled stuff though.
                                Even a fool is thought wise if he remains silent.

Comment

Working...
                                X