Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Tap Water in Your City/Area Drinkable and do You Drink It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Tap Water in Your City/Area Drinkable and do You Drink It?

Yes and Yes here (Zagreb, Croatia)

I'm curious how many people here buy bottled water for everyday consumption. If you do that, write the price too.

Yes and yes. (Rockville, Maryland)

Buying water is just stupid.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Yes, Yes (Tornio, Finland)
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Yes, Yes (Middletown, CT). At least as far as I know it's ok. Without extensive testing you can't be 100% sure - so I hope the city is on that. We do use a brita filter, though (for whatever that's worth).

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Yes, no.

I was spoiled by the water in Calgary, which is way better than the crap they have in Toronto (which is still drinkable). Hint: If you leave a glass of water overnight it should not have stains on it.

When I drink water, it's via a Brita filter.

(I'm waiting for Tingkai to come in and talk about how Toronto has the BEST TAP WATER IN THE WORLD and the stain it leaves on glasses is because it's so full of nutrients!!!!)
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yes, no.
            It is perfectly drinkable, but my fridge filters it and I drink the water my fridge dispenses.
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Yes and no. It's drinkable, but it's yellow. I don't drink yellow water.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Chicago
                YES and YES
                Just chill it in the fridge before drinking.
                I only drink bottled water for convience when I'm out.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Just discovered something about Brita...

Brita filtration improves the overall taste experience when consuming cheap vodka. Passing the vodka through a brita filter a total of four times is considered the ideal number. While the flavors are not enhanced, the offensive tastes are removed and the vodka comes away with a cleaner taste which many say makes the filtered, cheap vodka practically indistinguishable from more expensive premium vodkas.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

yes and NO

I find the tap water very drinkable but my wife says she doesn't like the taste. So we have a water cooler thingie with those big 5 gallon bottles. I think its something like $5.75 per bottle delivered to our home.

Now that we have it, I tend to drink water from the cooler. Its colder and I don't have to waster water running the tap or fuss with putting water in the fridge.

On bottled water generally . . . . I have a vision of some guy down the street filling them with tap water from a garden hose . . .
                    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Yes, No.

I drink tea and coke mainly, along with orange/apple juice at meals.
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

And before any bright spark points out I use water for the tea, I do boil it first. That destroys most biological agents...
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

No. Yes. I'm that cheap.
                          What?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                            Just discovered something about Brita...

Brita filtration improves the overall taste experience when consuming cheap vodka. Passing the vodka through a brita filter a total of four times is considered the ideal number. While the flavors are not enhanced, the offensive tastes are removed and the vodka comes away with a cleaner taste which many say makes the filtered, cheap vodka practically indistinguishable from more expensive premium vodkas.
                            There was a Mythbusters episode about that.

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Is it true?

Comment

Working...
                              X