• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW

Drink Beer
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• starbucks isnt good coffee. its commoditized. Even in Seattle which as a ludicrous amount of starbucks and is the HQ for it, there are so many better places, for instance cafe ladro on pine and 7th, 3rd and union, and 15th up on the hill.

their coffee beans and blends are just too plain and bland and arent robust enough to wake me up.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• I have never been to a starbucks. I'm mainly a drive thru guy, so its tims,williams,donut mill etc. Mostly tims though.

Whats those coffee shops they have in Chapters, is that starbucks?

Comment

• Tim Horton's accepts credit cards in Ohio. Case closed.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin
            Northerners may say milky coffee, but I've always known it as latté.
            The Italians would be appalled at anybody drinking cafe au lait and calling it latte.
            Last edited by DanS; January 21, 2007, 11:38.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• If you asked me the difference, I would say one is milky, the other has a dash of milk or cream. Call the drinks what you like though, as I still don't drink 'em.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Have you ever had a latte? It seems ironic that a faceless American megacorp is going to educate you Brits on the joys of espresso-based drinks.

This is London magazine has been established for over 65 years, providing readers with information about events, exhibitions, music, concerts, theatre and dining. As life returns to normal, Londoners are heading back into the Capital and many visitors are already coming from further afield.

I wouldn't feel bad, though. It's impossible to find a proper latte in most of Europe.

Comment

• There is Coffee Au Latte, Latte, and Capuccino

Espresso and Coffee

my French freinds said that when they ask for Coffee, they expect something like our Espresso

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS
                    Have you ever had a latte? It seems ironic that a faceless American megacorp is going to educate you Brits on the joys of espresso-based drinks.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ade/article.do
                    Not to my recollection. I probably have at some point. I've had coffees before, but never had them enough to try and discern the difference in names, brands and styles. I am in a minority though.

Brits are a nation of tea-drinkers anyway.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Rather, that's cafe au lait, not cafe au latte, JM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin
                        Brits are a nation of tea-drinkers anyway.
                        Tea is a better drink, anyway.

It's pretty insane, but where I work in downtown DC, there's is more than 1 Starbucks per city block. Then there are other coffee/bagel chains, such as Cosi and Au Bon Pain.

Comment

• there used to be places called Jitters in my city. Not sure if we still have them. I liked the name.

Comment

Tea is a better drink, anyway.

It's pretty insane, but where I work in downtown DC, there's is more than 1 Starbucks per city block. Then there are other coffee/bagel chains, such as Cosi and Au Bon Pain.
                            I would estimate I have 4 Starbucks in 1 block or less walking distance. The nearest Tims is about 3 blocks away
                            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                              How is debit slow? It's faster than cash... it's more expensive to the store, than cash, but that 1-2% doesn't really make a dent compared to the 90% profit they're making...
                              How can debit be faster than cash at a drive through-- The smart cashiers have the change part to the nearest dollar out and ready while the smart customers have exact change

I'm not saying debit is that slow but cash can be incredibly fast.
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Tim Horton's accepts credit cards in Ohio. Case closed.
                                I knew there was a reason for Timmies stunning lack of success in the US.
                                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X