Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have what it takes to become a citizen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- Who said "Give me liberty or give me death".
    That historical figures is know ONLY for that one quote and its popular to throw the quote around in education about the Revolutionary war. I personaly dont know anything else about the guy other then he was involved in the run up to the revolutionary war and maybe fought it it.
    Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Diadem
      75% here.

Anyway. Not bad for a dutchie. I bet Americans don't score as high on *our* test
      I'm thinking that would depend on the language used and ehether or not you would have some obvious wrong amswers so you get questions right by elimination rather than knowing the answer
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

80% I'm just American enough.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

Actually on checking nope-- Ohio is in the same answer as New Zealand-- The tough one was between two answers where 12 of the states were identical except one had New Hampshire and the other Kentucky
          One had New Zealand, and one had Washington, D.C.
          That got it to two.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I didn't do the test, since I hate PDFs, but judging by the posted questions I'd have got around 90%.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              One had New Zealand, and one had Washington, D.C.
              That got it to two.
              And the other had Kentucky. One.

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]

That historical figures is know ONLY for that one quote and its popular to throw the quote around in education about the Revolutionary war. I personaly dont know anything else about the guy other then he was involved in the run up to the revolutionary war and maybe fought it it.
                One reason the American revolution succeeded as well as it did is that the leading lights of the revolution were different from the leading figures in the founding of the republic; we've subsequently spent more educational effort honoring the founders than the rabble-rousers, which is why most people know Sam Adams primarily as a beer brand.

As for the man in question here, he's actually really important; he was the leading force in convincing Virginia's elite to support the revolution; without the support of the governing class of the most populous and wealthy colony, the revolution would surely have failed.
                "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

One reason the American revolution succeeded as well as it did is that the leading lights of the revolution were different from the leading figures in the founding of the republic; we've subsequently spent more educational effort honoring the founders than the rabble-rousers, which is why most people know Sam Adams primarily as a beer brand.

As for the man in question here, he's actually really important; he was the leading force in convincing Virginia's elite to support the revolution; without the support of the governing class of the most populous and wealthy colony, the revolution would surely have failed.
                  Yep, you don't want the nutjobs who are leading the uprising to be the ones in charge when things quiet down. Extremity works good for revolutions; not so well for governing. IIRC, a lot of the original revolutionaries were quite against the US Constitution as being too restrictive.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Yep, you don't want the nutjobs who are leading the uprising to be the ones in charge when things quiet down. Extremity works good for revolutions; not so well for governing.
                    Exactly. That's what went wrong in France.
                    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

And the other had Kentucky. One.
                      yep, that's how I did it. I just eliminated the silly answers. Washington, Ohio, and Kentucky. I didn't even notice New Zealand. . Once I got to one I knew wasn't there I went to the next answer.

Comment

80%... much more than I've expected...
                        I have no idea about amendements, or supreme court and stuff. some was just common sense... like I guessed there are 27 amendements, because in another question they mentioned 24th... of course, it might have been like with New Zealand. I only decided that there are 9 supreme court justices because I recall some republican-democratic quarrel among it, in which republicans had one jedge more, and I knew it was more than 3.
                        etc
                        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                        Middle East!

Comment

I only got 90%, and I'm pissed. I missed question 14- who selects Supreme Court justices- because the question is poorly worded. The president nominates the justices, but the Senate votes whether to confirm them. I picked Senate, because they actually confirm who will be a justice.

Ask Robert Bork if the President "selects" Supreme Court justices.

I also missed the INS form question, because I've never had to apply for said form.
                          I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                            90%. The immigration form and the selection of justices one (I still think my answer's just as correct as the official one).
                            You and I probably made the same mistake. They need to chage "selects" to "nominates."
                            I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

So many are upset over the document.

The key is Petition vs. Request.
                              You personally are requesting to become a citizen.
                              Your family, friends, and members of the town didn't take up signatures on a petition stating their desire that you be made a citizen.

That's the easiest way to explain it.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

You answered 100% of questions correctly. Here's your rating:
                                But I have an advantage. I work for an immigration lawyer. But I couldn't tell you anything about, for instance, Norway. Americans should be able to get most of these correct. However, the N-400 question is ridiculous. BTW, you don't get multiple choice questions at the naturalization interview. That's right, its more like quick recall. (But you generally only have to answer 6 out of 10.)
                                A thing either is what it appears to be; or it is not, but yet appears to be; or it is, but does not appear to be; or it is not, and does not appear to be.--Epictitus

Comment

Working...
                                X