Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have what it takes to become a citizen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
    I don't know why, but I thought I was talking to Lonestar.

down with cat avatars.

Comment

75%, mostly stupid mistakes...
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

85%, didn't know Roberts, 7th amendment and something else.

Comment

85% and I'm a foreigner

didnt know the 7th amendment, the naturalization form, and mis-fired on the preamble (musta had a senior-moment)
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

95% (missed the naturalization form one...I mean, I guess if you're applying for citizenship you would know that one, but that one really is far more obscure than all the others).

It disgusts me that 16 and 17 are on there. Why the hell should you have to know bits of trivia from US history?? Sure, most Americans know them, but what on earth do they have to do with being qualified for citizenship?

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
              I don't know. Are you guys supposed to know all the amendments by number?

I know the first 5. After that I'm fuzzy.
              I don't know all the amendments by heart, but I do know roughly where they fall chronologically. Also, I know that the Bill of Rights says nothing about voting rights.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

50 %

Some questions could be answered by the informations given in other questions
                And with the 13 original states I just missed one state.

But sounds like I will never be a citizen of the united states
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

there ought to be some more current questions as well, to suggest an understanding of how the govt is actually working, such as:

"what party does the president belong to"

or

"were there any weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?"
                  Visit First Cultural Industries
                  There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                  Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
                    90%. I don't give a rat's ass either, so if any American gets less than that, they're just a stinking commie terrorist.

85% not bad for a Canadian that doesn't care. I'm still shocked I got the original 13 states right but once I eliminated the answers that has 'New Zealand" and "washingtonDC" I had a 50/50 chance
                    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

85%

As a French Commie, I'm just as worthy of being an American citizen as Sloww
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

70%

Would have scored much worse had it not been multiple-choice.

I would have never been able to name the 13 original states.

OTOH I would have scored on the 'who selects the Supreme Court Judge' though.

On the Pilgrims I would have answered: 'Because they thought Holland was not librul enough!'
                        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

85%. I got 8, 14 and 19 wrong. 8 because I don't know the amendment numbers. 14 because I figured it was a bit of a trick question, and I would assert that I got it party right. 19 because it's the freakin' INS form. Who but someone who works for the INS and/or has applied really knows which form it is?

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

85%. Though it begs the question on why I would ever want to be an American.
                            Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                            -Richard Dawkins

Comment

90%. I agree that question 19 isn't exactly fair for a natural citizen (why should I know or care about the naturalization form?), but life ain't fair.

Comment

If you have to fill out the form, Einstein. That's your biggest concern?
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X