Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have what it takes to become a citizen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand
    If you have to fill out the form, Einstein. That's your biggest concern?
    No comment about me being as worthy a US citizen as you?
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I always knew you were special, Spiff.

Actually, it doesn't surprise me that poeple from other countries know as much, if not more, than the Americans.
      Too many Americans take their lives for granted.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

American Cultural Imperialism sure is a b*tch, eh Spiff? French commies scoring 85%... goodness gracious. Next thing you know you will be speaking 'murican.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
          American Cultural Imperialism sure is a b*tch, eh Spiff? French commies scoring 85%... goodness gracious. Next thing you know you will be speaking 'murican.
          Well, this time it's not so much cultural imperialism, but studying political science. Your regime is an archetype, so I got to study it pretty much in detail.

As to the trivia, what I knew, I got it from 'Poly
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

95%

19/20
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

60%...
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

Well, this time it's not so much cultural imperialism, but studying political science. Your regime is an archetype, so I got to study it pretty much in detail.

As to the trivia, what I knew, I got it from 'Poly
                Of course, 'poly is part of the program. We find stealth nation technology useful, and use it by proxy. Now that Markos has been dealt with, the program can proceed as planned.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  If you have to fill out the form, Einstein. That's your biggest concern?
                  I was born here. I wouldn't have to fill out the form, so there's no reason for me to ever know that. Were I trying to become a citizen that would be a different story. All the other questions are pretty general stuff about the history and workings of the government, grade-school knowledge. That form question is specific only to those applying for citizenship.

Perhaps "unfair" is the incorrect term, but it is an unusually specific question applicable only to a given situation among a bunch of general questions, on a website where it will be taken by people who will never be in that situation.

I think it's one of those "instant credit" type of questions, like correctly signing your name on the SAT automatically guarantees you a score of at least 200.

Comment

90%. The immigration form and the selection of justices one (I still think my answer's just as correct as the official one).

Comment

I'm not bothered so much that the non-US Citizens on this board scored so well on the test, but by the knowledge that were Americans to take the tests of other countries, most would probably fail.

I can't speak for all, of course, but I know that I would only be able to answer similar questions for a handful of foreign countries.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Indeed.

-Arrian

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                          100%

The form for the INS Naturalization was a total guess though.
                          95%, because I didn't know what form was for naturalization. My mom went through it, but it's not like I was the one signing the forms.

(Admittedly, I did help her study for the test. But I'm also decent at trivia, so.

However, I'm trying to remember what Amend7 is. Is that the no quartering of troops one?)
                          B♭3

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

17. Why did the Pilgrims come to America?
                              In search of gold is not correct.

Comment

No, and I've tried to point out the reason many times, and got argued with about it.

Which kind of goes to my point of many Americans taking their lives for granted.

Comment

Working...
                                X