Dealing with dirtbag tenets. Part 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Caligastia

Are you saying that it's unlikely the judge would go through with the seizure?
    If the debtor indicates its necessary to maintain his work ( and in many locations your are royally F***ed without a car since there is no practical way to get around) AND if the car is not worth much .. . they often get to keep a car

Note I don't know the particular laws in Oerdins state but the above is a pretty common general practice in most places. You don't want to cripple the debtor so he can't have any chance to pay people back
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• too bad

you handed back your M-16

or did you?
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Served him today. He tried the "Oh, I wanted to move out but I couldn't find a place route". That's fine. He was given a 30 day notice to quit and a 3 day pay or quit. He elected not to pay one thin penny and expected me to keep housing him rent free for another month. No thank you.

I serviced him with the court summons because I honestly believe this guy is a **** bag who will continue to take from me as long as I don't stop him. He now has 5 days to respond to the court filing and I expect he will do what he has always done, namely delay for time and keep trying to screw other people over. He'll wait all 5 days to respond and then he will claim a catagorical denial after which he won't actually show up to the final court date. That is what he has done twice before so he will likely do the same again.

As I said in the end I will win but he will live in my house rent free for another two weeks. I will sue him for the money and I will eventually be allowed to garnish his wages but it will take years to get my money. His credit is already ruined because he has been a lazy dumb ass so often in the past however I will do my part to insure he has a fresh unlawful detainer finding against him and a fresh garnishment of his wages. My goal is to now get the maximium which the law allows and to cause as much difficulty to him as possible.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• As I said, you need to toss his stuff, and he can be glad you didn't keep it.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Legally I can't do that or else I would have done that long ago. Legally I must wait for the court order and he has five days to respond to ,y cpirt case. I have no doubt he will wait until the last day then file a catagorical denial after which a court date will be set and he will not show up to the court hearing. That is what he has always done before.

Comment

• this is a house right? is it possible to say one of u or the other tennants lost the key to the main door and attach a notice to his door after he has left for the day, that the locks will be changed and for him to see you later bout a new key? he makes himself unavailable why cant you for a couple of days? seeing as he wants to make u miserable why not repay the favor its not illegal if u notify him, and its not ur fault he aint home. to get ur notice.
              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• that doent work for the two weeks hed live n your hosue only a couple of days My bad
                Idea was to make it inonnvenient to go get new key run out to the midle of now where to get it since thats where u wil be
                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• I want revenge.
                  I understand your anger - I'd be all sortsa pissed off too. But forget the revenge bit. Don't stoop to his level, and furthermore LShiva is right... you don't know what dirtbag might do in retaliation. Sure, he's probably too lazy to do anything much, but you never know.

Get him out of there and move on.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Ok, latest developments. Dirtbag has said he will start moving out today and will be out by the end of next Sunday. He has asked me to drop the unlawful detainer case I filed against him. I have not seen him pack anything to date dispite his previous claim that he'd start moving out last weekend.

I have told him if he vacates and pays all back money to me before the court date then I will drop the case but if he is still here or even if he still owes me money then I will have no choice but to continue the case. He's told me he could pay me on the 27th of December, however, he has often told me he would pay me before and it rarely if ever happens.

I'm going to stick to my guns. If he pays before the court date and leaves then I will drop the case even though that means I'd be out the $185 it cost me to file. If I go to court then I will win and I will stick him for all the court costs since the lease is explicit about loser paying all court costs. The downside is he won't pay and I will have to sue him a second time to get his wages garnished.

Comment

• Your main goal is to get him out ASAP, and it sounds like you're well on the way to accomplishing that already. His request for you to drop the case is undoubtedly another pathetic attempt at stalling you. These people who take advantage of the decency of others make me sick.
                      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• He keeps telling me he's broke but he took his girlfriend on a trip to Palm Springs this weekend. He told me that was why he hadn't actually started moving out last weekend as he had previously said he would. I'm not going to even consider dropping the case until he is out.

Comment

• lucky girl

Comment

• When you first posted, when was the date he wanted to vacate?
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Its obvious you should drop nothing. This guy has no honor and his word is worth nothing so assert your legal rights to the fullest
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                                lucky girl
                                She is a Turkish national who works as a nanny and who gets paid a grand total of $200 per month (plus room and board) to watch some rich couple's kids. Apparently the US has a special nanny visa which allows house servants/domestic workers to come in and be paid sub-minimium wage. I suspect she is just looking for some guy she can marry to get US citizenship though she may reconsider once she figures out what a loser this fellow is.

Comment

Working...
                                X