Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the greater threat to civilisation? Round 1...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it hadn't been for Morrisey's terrible influence on my band-mate's singing and songwriting style, we'd have made it by now.

Morrissey destroys another life. You have my condolences...

Round II: Morrissey vs. OJ?

I'm all for it as long as someone else is willing to write up the tale of the tape...
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Economic theory is so incredibly powerfull that one who wields it is a far greater danger (and potentialy benevilent) then any mere pop culture artist. Even if one belives Hyack to be correct, potential for mis-interpretation and misguided policy are vast even if the good policy that could result is even greater. Its like Fire, electricty or Genetics, its a great boon to mankind but at the same time is a great danger.
      Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
        Economic theory is so incredibly powerfull that one who wields it is a far greater danger (and potentialy benevilent) then any mere pop culture artist. Even if one belives Hyack to be correct, potential for mis-interpretation and misguided policy are vast even if the good policy that could result is even greater. Its like Fire, electricty or Genetics, its a great boon to mankind but at the same time is a great danger.
        Yes, but it all pales into insignificance alongside Morrisey. At least Hayek didn't sit there writing self-pitying songs about his bedsit.

Comment

Tough call. Both had undeniably strong negative effects on western civilization.

I'm going with von Hayek, since his theories effected all of society, whereas Morrissey was limited to screwing up youths who would likely just gone bad in some other way without him.

Yep, definitely teh von Hayek.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Finally some intelligent arguments on why Hayek is worse.

Still, Morrissey is running away with it.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

How could I possibly vote for either Hayek?
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

stupid question. Who exactly is Morrisey? And what songs does he sing?

Comment

RTFP...
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Hayek. Morrisey is insignificant and has little effect, and that effect was in the past. Hayek has been a force for both the positive and negative, but is now doing more harm than good, IMHO. As a threat, ie. possibility of doing harm in the future, Hayek is miles ahead.
                    Smile
                    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Morrisey is insignificant and has little effect, and that effect was in the past.

Haven't you been reading the rest of the posts? Morrissey is still destroying lives today!
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X