No announcement yet.

Hamas chief: Truce with Israel is over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just don't see a point arguing with someone who can't recognize the clear moral difference between strikes against armed opponents which entail a measure of collateral damage, and strikes against innocent civilians designed to maximize collateral damage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
      Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that less than the number of civilians the IDF has killed in 2006 alone?

Who cares what you target, it's the actual kills that count.

EDIT: And Mobius, with your rhino-hippo-elephant style, It's a curse to be on the same side as you in debates like this...
      WWII Fatalities:

Germany - 3.2 M Military, 3.8 M Civilians. 7M Total.
      Japan - 1.5 M Military 0.3 M Civilians. 1.8 M Total.

France - 0.3 M Military 0.5M Civilians 0.8 M Total
      UK - 0.3 M Military 0.06 M Civilians 0.38 M Total
      USA - 0.3 M Military (and total).

Its the actual kills that count, right?

Comment

This current event is actually the first time I hear the IDF apologize for a killing, ever. Normally, they seem to be a trigger-happy bunch who don't give a rat's ass what they kill, as long as it's not their own peopöe.
        This is not true.

The IDF has appologized numerously on previous occassions when it was in fault.
        Infact, the victims of the latest mistake have been brought to Israeli hospitals in Tel Aviv and treated there to save their lives.

Its just that Palestinian sound-bytes are much better to put on CNN than Israeli responses.

And sometimes - despite what is being told - Israel is not at fault.

It happens dozens of times that the Palestinians solve internal disputes by blaming the IDF for deaths resulting from internal fighting.

Comment

Because you rarely bother to back up your point-of-view with arguments, just one-liners without substance.
          You have answered yourself actually.

Would you have gone trumpeting against Allied forces on D-Day for killing tons of french civilians?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirotnikov

WWII Fatalities:

Germany - 3.2 M Military, 3.8 M Civilians. 7M Total.
            Japan - 1.5 M Military 0.3 M Civilians. 1.8 M Total.

France - 0.3 M Military 0.5M Civilians 0.8 M Total
            UK - 0.3 M Military 0.06 M Civilians 0.38 M Total
            USA - 0.3 M Military (and total).

Its the actual kills that count, right?
            You aren't including Russia, why?

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirotnikov

Rockets, which by the way TARGET CIVILIAN POPULATION AREAS.
              And the IDF shoots at ... civilian population areas.

So you still perform the same actions as Hamas. With the same intent to kill. And with the same disregard for civilian life.

But i know, the IDF said this was a "technical malfunction". Yeah, that's the ticket.
              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• Originally posted by dannubis
                And the IDF shoots at ... civilian population areas.
                IDF shoots at sources of Palestinian fire. Fire which is illegally placed in civilian population areas.

Even under the geneva convention, any civilian area which houses militant activity loses the "civilian" status.

Israeli populated areas however pose no threat, and attacking them is illegal and terrorist in nature.

I really don't understand if you're trolling my patience, or you're truly slow.

But i know, the IDF said this was a "technical malfunction". Yeah, that's the ticket.

Yes, seems to me the only technical malfunction you know is when you can't get some, so you come here to troll people.

Comment

Working...
                X