Moroccan wins first annual Holocaust cartoon contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moroccan wins first annual Holocaust cartoon contest

Iran awarded a Moroccan artist Wednesday the top prize in an exhibition of cartoons on the Holocaust that has received international condemnation, including from UN chief Kofi Annan.

Meant to be a response to the Danish cartoons of Islam's Prophet Muhammad that sparked rage among Muslims around the world, the exhibit appeared inspired by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's tirades calling for Israel to be destroyed...

Abdollah Derkaoui received US$12,000 for his work depicting an Israeli crane piling large cement blocks on Israel's security wall and gradually obscuring Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem. A picture of Nazi Germany's Auschwitz concentration camp appears on the wall...

The exhibit curator, Masoud Shojai, said the contest will be an annual event.

"Actually, we will continue until the destruction of Israel," he said.

Breaking news about Satellite from The Jerusalem Post. Read the latest updates on Satellite including articles, videos, opinions and more.

Congratulations to Abdollah Derkaoui on his win. I'm sure $12,000 will go a long way in Morocco!

Here's the winning entry...
    Attached Files
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

12000? Iranians are indeed Scotts of Middle East
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

$12,000 seems like a lot for a cartoon contest.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Pretty tasteless, deliberately provocative, and unfunny. What a bore.
        I used to think that cartoons are supposed to be thought-provoking, and thus to be a bit out of the usual. This cartoon, however, just concentrates everything that is supposed to appear. You have it all (well almost): the Al-Aqsa, the wall, the Israeli vehicle that looks like a war machine, and Auschwitz. It only lacks a swastika for the cartoon to be complete.
        Heck, some of fliers I wrote for the commie party were less conformist than that

But in any case, he sure did earn much more money than any Danish cartoonist (and if you compare the purchasing powers, it's really big ) You must give him kudos for his ability to seize the opportunity
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Damn. I forgot to participate. A couple of holocaust frogs, The Evil Zionist Frog and 12000 bucks would have been mine
          Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
            12000? Iranians are indeed Scotts of Middle East
            This rumor exists in Syria too?

Among Jews, the Iranian Jews have the reputation of being very "savings-oriented" as well
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Actually that's what I have referred to. There aren't many Iranians in Syria. But they have nice embassy and a cultural center, and Syria and Iran are kind of friends thanks to Israel
              Middle East!

Comment

Damn. I forgot to participate. A couple of holocaust frogs, The Evil Zionist Frog and 12000 bucks would have been mine
                Your zionist frog was way too original for that contest. It was excellent, but it was entirely unuseable in propaganda outlets.

Draw something boring like that cartoon, kill your creativity, and you might have some success next year.

Comment

I think being tasteless, deliberately provocative and unfunny kind of goes with the territory in a contest like this. At least he was subtle about it...
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten

I think being tasteless, deliberately provocative and unfunny kind of goes with the territory in a contest like this. At least he was subtle about it...
                    The cartoonist might at least want to be funny, or original. Heresson's evil zionist frog absolutely rocks. This cartoon doesn't.

Comment

I dont understand it

Is that suposed to be the wall of the temple?
                      I need a foot massage

Comment

Actually that's what I have referred to. There aren't many Iranians in Syria. But they have nice embassy and a cultural center, and Syria and Iran are kind of friends thanks to Israel
                        +4 "Our mutual military struggle brings us closer."

I always thought that Israel was a pacifying force in the region. Kumbayah!
                        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

You know, I don't really see how the cartoon is relevant at all to the danish cartoons...
                          "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                          "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                          Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

The cartoonist might at least want to be funny, or original.

Why? He did well enough to win the contest without humor or originality...
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                              You don't have to take that much offense at Drake's trolls, you know.

Comment

Working...
                              X