Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JOhn Kerry Doing his level Best to Energize the base

The Repuglican base that is.

With typical tone deaf aplomb Kerry may single handedly energize the conservatives with his latest gaffe. From a campaign event for no chance gubernatorial candidate Phil Angelides:

“You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

So in conlcusion if you are in the military you are a dolt. I suppose he figures Naval and Air Force personnel a cut above though.

Seriously I almost forgot how much fun Kerry could be. I seriously wonder if Kerry was at one point kidnapped and replaced by a Rovian agent.
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

And there are a lot of Democrats who want Kerry to run again in 2008.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What's worse?

A former politician making a stupid comment or a current president making stupid policy?

I wonder what will be more effective at mobilizing the respective bases.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

First, Kerry isn't a former politician. He still serves in the Senate.

Second, he's putting himself out there and he's being put out there by the party in order to "test the waters" for 2008.

Having an inept politician out there trying to make such comments (and doing a horrible job at it) is a stupid policy in and of itself.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
          What's worse?

A former politician making a stupid comment or a current president making stupid policy?

I wonder what will be more effective at mobilizing the respective bases.
          But the mantra has been for the last umpteen news cycles how demoralized the uber right were and how they weren't likely to show the support they did in earlier elections. Dufus comments like this are exactly what the likes of Rove will use to once again go and whip up the consies. Kudos to Kerry for being a typical asshat when all he had to do was keep his mouth shut and allow the Dem party to coast on the momentum. This is especially aggregious as it was done in support of a guy who has absolutely no freakin chance of winning. (Angelides)

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I thought most Republican candidates for ANYTHING were avoiding the Prez like the plague? He's political poison at the moment.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

“You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

Interpretation: If Bush had studied hard and done his homework, we wouldn't be in the Iraq mess we are in right now.
              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                I thought most Republican candidates for ANYTHING were avoiding the Prez like the plague? He's political poison at the moment.

You can hate the President and yes some GOP candidates are running away from the President. That doesn't mean you take shots at the troops.

Kerry just handed GOP candidates an ugly stick to start flogging away with.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

Interpretation: If Bush had studied hard and done his homework, we wouldn't be in the Iraq mess we are in right now.
                  You are a good one. (you have promise in the spin machine)

That wasn't what he was saying but I'm sure that will be his fall back response that he was talking about W and not career opportunities in the military.

To understand more clearly teh context of the statement the target audience was college students so the implication was that if you don't study your career options are service in Iraq, not so much how big a moron the President is.

Comment

Kerry and Jane Fonda. What a pair.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe

But the mantra has been for the last umpteen news cycles how demoralized the uber right were and how they weren't likely to show the support they did in earlier elections. Dufus comments like this are exactly what the likes of Rove will use to once again go and whip up the consies. Kudos to Kerry for being a typical asshat when all he had to do was keep his mouth shut and allow the Dem party to coast on the momentum. This is especially aggregious as it was done in support of a guy who has absolutely no freakin chance of winning. (Angelides)
                      Limbuagh isn't an 'asshat'?

Rest assured both sides have their morons to motivate the other's base.

Sava - I was incorrect in 'former'. My point stands however - the stupidity of a sitting president and his party must do wonders to mobilize the Democratic base.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

"So in conlcusion if you are in the military you are a dolt."

This is logically false.

It does not exclude smart people joining the army and going to Iraq.

So, if you are in Iraq, it doesn't mean you are a dolt according to Kerry.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

Limbuagh isn't an 'asshat'?
                          No!!!!

I thought I made that clear in the other thread. Limbaugh is a dick.

Seriously Limbaugh is an understood hack but is not a serious political figure. He may say thing people believe in but there is plausible denaibility from the GOP perspective. Kerry is much closer to the voice of the Democratic party as he was the past presidential candidate and still a strong voice as Mass Senator today.

Rush Limbaugh saying something offensive is about as unexpected as the sun rising each morning.

Having an experienced politician insult a constituency is a completely different matter.

Rest assured both sides have their morons to motivate the other's base.

Sava - I was incorrect in 'former'. My point stands however - the stupidity of a sitting president and his party must do wonders to mobilize the Democratic base.
                          The point being is I have never argued that the Dems aren't motivated by Bush's 'policies'. I merely wonder why when by all accounts the Conservatives were reeling and thinking of sending a message by sitting home this time Kerry would think this a bright idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                            "So in conlcusion if you are in the military you are a dolt."

This is logically false.

It does not exclude smart people joining the army and going to Iraq.

So, if you are in Iraq, it doesn't mean you are a dolt according to Kerry.
                            The entire statement is false. Average education within the military is higher than that of the average USAian.

Starting with prerequisites of minimally a high school education.

Comment

Ogie - I get your point and agree Kerry isn't helping with a statement of this sort. As you know I am not a US citizen and don't get to vote but I have to imagine I would be more motivated by the policy of the principals than comments by people on the fringes.

Comment

Working...
                              X