Is Apolyton in decline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VJ
    Here's an idea: how about you stop responding to personal attacks when they're irrelevant to the issue discussed! Would that stop them?
    Yeah, I'll just put oggie on ignore and be done with it.

One last time for the record: There are 16 nonpolitical.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The crackdown on spam and general silliness which took place a couple of years ago really killed a lot of the fun for me.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
        Enough with the personal crap... It seems some people are just demanding to be restricted!
        Personal insults are the only thing I have left.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Yeah, I'll just put oggie on ignore and be done with it.
          Censorship
          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

My beautiful threads have been deleated by Ming.

Comment

Now you have no evidence!
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I think that people will flock back to the OT when there's something interesting to talk about. If another 9/11 occurs, or another war, people will be only too ready to discuss.

Right now, you can't post an opinion which isn't right wing, religious and homophobic without being accused of trolling. That won't last.
                "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Whaleboy, I am offended
                  Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I demand more frog threads.
                    Blah

Comment

One thing is certain. This thread sparked a mini-Rennaisance of posting here at Apolyton.

Comment

My beautiful threads have been deleated by Ming.
                        Not really he simply did Ming Magic eliminating the spam bumps.

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

One thing is certain. This thread sparked a mini-Rennaisance of posting here at Apolyton.
                          And it's more fact-filled and non-partisan than something I just thought of.

Comment

Never knew Oerdin was such a crybaby....sigh...

Spec.
                            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Seriously. I kinda feel bad about it all. Oerdin's a hack through and through but who gives a rats ass. We all have our own deeply held convictions and that means we all are hacks to some degree or another. He needs to keep posting his political drivel and I wouldn't dream of telling him to stop. If for no other reason than to hear the what the swamp has to say.

Comment

Re: Is Apolyton in decline?

Judging by the number of regulars who have left, the lack of new people joining, and the fewer posts per day I'd say Apolyton is declining. Or at least the Off Topic is. Does this matter much to you or make you less interested in posting here?

Personally, I'm thinking this place has lost a lot of the sense of community it once had and now it has just turned into a place where people go to shout at each other. Comments?
                                Civ4 isn't that active either. Considering an expansion pack was just recently released.

Comment

Working...
                                X