Is Apolyton in decline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Apolyton in decline?

Judging by the number of regulars who have left, the lack of new people joining, and the fewer posts per day I'd say Apolyton is declining. Or at least the Off Topic is. Does this matter much to you or make you less interested in posting here?

Personally, I'm thinking this place has lost a lot of the sense of community it once had and now it has just turned into a place where people go to shout at each other. Comments?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Markos should give us our +1s back.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Definately

Overall I think there is indeed a certain "decline", but it's still a nice place IMO, far from going downhill totally.
      Blah

Comment

I think Oerdin just desperately wanted to start a thread that was not about politics, given Ogie's observations a couple of hours ago.

But yeah, this was definitely a much more interesting place before Bush became President. So I think we can safely blame him.

Comment

You do realize that less then half of my threads have been about politics, right?

Never mind. Why should I bother responding to Winston?

Comment

Threadjack:
            bleh

Comment

According to Ogie, it was >70%.

You're well on your way to turning into Ted Striker. Maybe one day you'll turn tail and run away from it all too.

Comment

I'm reading a lot of On topic forum(Civ4 - Civ4 Warlords). I 've observed a decline of new people. Dont know about offtopic, but I dont remember seeing really new people coming here recently, except Will9 or Will 8
                bleh

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                  You do realize that less then half of my threads have been about politics, right?

Never mind. Why should I bother responding to Winston?
                  Strange definition of less than half at least according to my tally that is.
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I don't think the OT is of much concern to the site owners, as long as the gaming forums are humming along.

Personally, I don't post here nearly as much as I used to, but that is more due to changes in my life than anything that happened here.
                    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

You must've hit a nerve, Ogie. Now he's bumping each and every thread of his that's not about politics.

Comment

Oerdin,

Why are you bumping all your old threads to try to prove a point? Who cares if people accuse you of being too political? Ignore them and carry on. If you like discussing politics, post a lot of political threads.
                        ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                          According to Ogie, it was >70%.

You're well on your way to turning into Ted Striker. Maybe one day you'll turn tail and run away from it all too.
                          OK Winston, you dumb ass. I just checked the first 10 pages of the OFT and found 11 nonpolitical threads and 6 political threads. I know you are a bit on the retarded side but even you can figure out that 6/16 does not equal greater then 70%.

If I left it would be because I got tired or dealing with idiots like yourself. Now **** off.

Comment

Sure. And you're not obsessing about anything at all, outside of political threads.

Comment

Meow!
                              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                              X