Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael J. Fox on Stem cell research....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If only we could travel back in time, with some kind of technologically advanced car, and deliver stem cell research to the past.
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Can't do that, something bad will happen to his kids.
      be free

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        I didn't know Parkinsons made you like that. Damn.
        I did. My grandfather died of parkinson's disease. Also Rush Limbaugh is a complete piece of dog **** for claiming that Michael J. Fox was faking this.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
          Is it something you can get used to? If not, wouldn't it drive you mad?
          You progressively lose control of all of you muscles but the mind remains the same. You just can't make your body do anything you want it to. It is a terrible disease.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
            CULTURE OF LIFE!!!

CULTURE OF LIFE!!!
            They love life except for those people who are actually living.

Comment

Don't you all find it very difficult not to wish that that piece of **** Limbaugh would personally find out if Parkinson's desease is really as bad as it is pictured?

That guy just pissed on my fathers grave.

The length that some people would go to to defend their views is just amazing.
              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                Ms McCaskill (or whatever) at the end could have at least sounded like she gave a sh1t.
                It's a pre-recorded message which is required to be at the end (or beginning) of every campagin ad paid for by the candidate. I'm sure she recorded it once and has it after every ad she's paid for.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

It's a pre-recorded message which is required to be at the end (or beginning) of every campagin ad paid for by the candidate. I'm sure she recorded it once and has it after every ad she's paid for.
                  I'd guessed that. It come across pretty badly (in this case ) that she hasn't taken the time personally to comment.

Comment

Apparently, Limbaugh apologised for the remark, but then went on to say that Fox is politicising his suffering by stumping for a particular party
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                      If only we could travel back in time, with some kind of technologically advanced car, and deliver stem cell research to the past.
                      Just as long as it's anything but a DeLorean.
                      Unbelievable!

Comment

I think it is safe to say that Rush Limbaugh has far surpassed John Edwards as Biggest Douche In The Universe.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I thought the whole embyonic stem cell research thing was a dead issue. researches found a way to create embyonic stem cells without having to harvest embryos.

Where the heck was that article?
                          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Found it. granted its Wiki but it was published in Nature

New Technique In Extraction of Cells
                            On August 23, 2006, the online edition of Nature scientific journal published a letter by Dr. Robert Lanza (medical director of Advanced Cell Technology in Worcester, MA) stating that his team had found a way to extract embryonic stem cells without destroying the actual embryo.[1] This technical achievement would potentially enable scientists in the United States to work with new lines of embryonic stem cells derived using public funding. There are currently significant restrictions on U.S federal funding of embryonic stem cell research that limit use of embryonic stem cell lines derived prior to August 2001.

In the experiments, Lanza's team used a single-cell biopsy technique to pluck out one cell when the embryo was at the 8-to-10 cell stage. This is the same stage used for pre-implantation genetic diagnosis which also requires the removal of a single cell from the blastocyst. As with times where pre-implantation genetic diagnosis is used, excising a cell at this point doesn't interfere with the embryo's development and the excised cell can be used for both purposes at the same time. Using this method, Lanza and his team managed to get two stable human embryonic stem cell lines that behaved like conventional embryonic stem cell lines.

More recently, this paper has come under some criticism as being "over-hyped". Examination of the paper reveals that the described process is highly inefficient, and in addition, no embryos survived the process. Nevertheless, Dr Lanza states that "he never intended to say more than that he had proved a principle, and that he is surprised by the reaction to the paper." [2]

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
                              a way to extract embryonic stem cells without destroying the actual embryo
                              Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
                              no embryos survived the process
                              Unbelievable!

Comment

Read on although the technique was "over hyped" the concept was validated.

Nevertheless, Dr Lanza states that "he never intended to say more than that he had proved a principle, and that he is surprised by the reaction to the paper."
                                The paper was submitted in August his year so it would stand to reason this appraoch still has some refinement ahead of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X