Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael J. Fox on Stem cell research....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't see how it was validated if the embryos were indeed ultimately destroyed. From an ethical standpoint, how is that any different from harvesting?
    Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
      Apparently, Limbaugh apologised for the remark, but then went on to say that Fox is politicising his suffering by stumping for a particular party
      He's promoting people who agree to help fund research which might cure this disease.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Darius,

The concept holds that a single cell can be taken from a mass of 8-10 and still be viable. That was the test and that part worked. The means of extraction apparently was too disruptive to the embryo.

It now becomes a matter of more delicate harvesting.

In other words part one accomplished. Part 2 needs refinement. You are correct until the both embryo and single cell harvested remain viable the technique is not ready for prime time. But again I reiterate this is a very recent development, expect more on this.
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
          He's promoting people who agree to help fund research which might cure this disease.
          Which is why I think it's perfectly OK, hence the "" at Limbaugh.
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
            Darius,

The concept holds that a single cell can be taken from a mass of 8-10 and still be viable. That was the test and that part worked. The means of extraction apparently was too disruptive to the embryo.

It now becomes a matter of more delicate harvesting.

In other words part one accomplished. Part 2 needs refinement. You are correct until the both embryo and single cell harvested remain viable the technique is not ready for prime time. But again I reiterate this is a very recent development, expect more on this.
            Fair enough, we'll see where they get with it.
            Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
              I think it is safe to say that Rush Limbaugh has far surpassed John Edwards as Biggest Douche In The Universe.
              John Edwards? The Beach Boy who ran for veep in '04? Why's he a douchebag? I just thought he was forgettable and inexperienced...
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

No, the host of Crossing Over with John Edward (no 's' at the end) winner of the prestigious "Biggest Douche in the Universe" award in 2002.
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

South Park
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

Which is why I think it's perfectly OK, hence the "" at Limbaugh.
                    I was agreeing with you.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                      No, the host of Crossing Over with John Edward (no 's' at the end) winner of the prestigious "Biggest Douche in the Universe" award in 2002.
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Edward
                      Yup. My bad on the spelling.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                        I think it is safe to say that Rush Limbaugh has far surpassed John Edwards as Biggest Douche In The Universe.
                        Fred Phelps.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Fred Phelps.
                          Its hard to say. There are so many good candidates out there. I mean, lets not forget "falafel" O'Reilly.
                          "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
                            Darius,

You still can't get Federal funding for it. And the result, in the long run, remains the same for the embryo. Disposal.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Apparently (not suprisingly), Rush didn't really apologize:

Video at link
                              Limbaugh on Michael J. Fox: ‘I Take Back None of What I Said’

Rush Limbaugh is sticking to his claim that Michael J. Fox is exaggerating the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease — by “acting” or “not taking his medications” — in an advertisement promoting stem cell research.

The media falsely reported that he “apologized” to Fox. On his radio show today, Limbaugh said he regrets nothing. Watch it:

Transcript:

I stand by what I said. I take back none of what I said. I wouldn’t rephrase it any differently. It is what I believe; it is what I think. It is what I have found to be true.
                              Longer article about it here:
                              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Parkinson Foundation Debunks Limbaugh’s False Smears of Michael J. Fox

Rush Limbaugh has repeatedly attacked actor Michael J. Fox for appearing in television campaign ads promoting stem cell research. Fox, who suffers from Parkinson’s disease, appears “visibly racked by tremors” in the ads.

“He is exaggerating the effects of the disease,” Limbaugh told listeners yesterday. “He’s moving all around and shaking and it’s purely an act. … This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn’t take his medication or he’s acting.”

According to the National Parkinson Foundation, Limbaugh has no idea what he’s talking about. The Washington Post reports:

[I]n an interview in Ladies Home Journal’s September edition, Fox said he was taking a medication that causes jerking, fidgeting and other abnormal involuntary movements, known as dyskinesia. Fox said he was taking another medication to lessen those side affects.

An official of the National Parkinson Foundation said movements like those exhibited by Fox are the result of taking medication to treat the disease, which would otherwise result in rigidity.

“When you see someone with those movements, it’s not because they have not taken medication but because they probably have taken medication for some time,”
                                the official said. “If you don’t take the medication, then you freeze.”

Limbaugh continued the assault today, calling Fox’s video “an attack ad” that is “filled with disinformation about embryonic stem cell research.”

Comment

Working...
                                X