Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael J. Fox on Stem cell research....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael J. Fox on Stem cell research....

Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

I didn't know Parkinsons made you like that. Damn.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Is it something you can get used to? If not, wouldn't it drive you mad?
      be free

Comment

Ms McCaskill (or whatever) at the end could have at least sounded like she gave a sh1t.

Comment

apparently the medication makes you shake...otherwise you would stiffen up and wouldn't be able to move at all.

Comment

No, the meds are to help you control the tremors.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

CULTURE OF LIFE!!!

CULTURE OF LIFE!!!
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Great Scott!
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Rush Limbaugh believes that Mr. Fox, "is faking it."

Yes, he actually said that.
                  The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

You mean acting?

Like Susan Sarandon in team america, world police?
                    I need a foot massage

Comment

The Propaganda man can't help himself. Conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh today attacked actor Michael J. Fox for inserting his halt

Limbaugh keeps the MJ FOX attacks going
                      By: John Amato on Tuesday, October 24th, 2006 at 3:30 PM - PDT Submit or Digg this Post

The Propaganda man can't help himself.

Conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh today attacked actor Michael J. Fox for inserting his halting voice into the U.S. Senate campaign in Missouri, suggesting Fox was "acting" in a commercial where he's shown shaking while endorsing the importance of stem cell research.

"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease," Limbaugh told listeners today, encouraging them to go online to watch Fox's commercial, which first aired Oct. 21 in St. Louis during a World Series game. "He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act."

For a man who has had back problems in the past, he should know better than to criticize others that have an actual disease. Oops, I forgot who I was talking about for a second. Does Howard Kurtz still think he's mainstream?

(h/t Greg)

AmericaBlog has it too…

Comment

He said he was either acting or off of his medication.

MJF has admitted he spoke in front of Congress off his medication, but has said nothing about this ad.

Regardless...he still has tremors while on medication. Its not like it makes Parkinson's go away. Embryonic Stem Cell research, however...
                        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Can they call some expert on whatever disease Michael has, to say what is more likely? acting? not acting? not acting but exagerating?

I have to admit it looks quite wowza to me, like he is all the time in a rollercoaster, ive seen old people with parkinson and they walk slow and their hands shake but not so much
                          I need a foot massage

Comment

He apologized later in his radio show, then immediately attacked Mr. Fox again along different lines.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                              No, the meds are to help you control the tremors.
                              Yes, but the tremors are caused by the medication that keeps you from being stiff. According to an official at the National Parkinson's Foundation:

movements like those exhibited by Fox are the result of taking medication to treat the disease, which would otherwise result in rigidity.

“When you see someone with those movements, it’s not because they have not taken medication but because they probably have taken medication for some time,” the official said. “If you don’t take the medication, then you freeze.”
                              "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

Working...
                              X