When would you like to live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava
    I'd also have about 1,000 children. I'd put Ramses to shame.
    But the worst thing about those days is that nobody ever showered or brushed their teeth. When I watch romantic scenes in history-themed movies, all I can think of is "Gross!"
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

the ancient history student in me would go to 200BC and start building railroads to conquer the evil barbarian empires and use the German soldiers as slaves and, er, playthings
      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
        Oh and going back to the 70s I would want a knapsack containing

a sports almanac
        a stock history
        as many condoms as I could conceivably use before their expiry
        Perhaps a detailed map of some of the biggest petroleum and mineral strikes made in the 80s and 90s

I figure the betting and stocks could make me rich and then I could go into natural resources and have an UNCANNY string of successes. I am just wondering how much all this activity would change history . . .

and the dilemmas-- do you warn people about

9-11
        that Iraq is a political quagmire
        tsunami
        Katrina
        Darfur/other genocides

etc etc

Leaving aside the fact that people won't believe you at first . . . Do you change history that much?
        I would definitely warn the English that William the Bastard isn't landing until October.
        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
        -Joan Robinson

Comment

now, cuz the future is still unwritten.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

WHAT NO FUTURE OPTIONS!!! BAAAHH

9595 for me
            Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Any of you choosing any spot in the (even near) past, are sooooo going to regret it.
              I would love to visit certain times in history but LIVE in them....no way dude!
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
                9595 for me
                Exordium & Terminus
                "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Working...
                X