When would you like to live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes. where is important.

I would probably say the 70s.. Not sure if I would be happy with the general hygiene of the other eras. I think people had showers back in the 70s.
    CSPA

Comment

Don't know about others, but I had one in '74, and again in '77.

Comment

What about 70-73 and 78-79?
        CSPA

Comment

Those were the mud years.

Comment

Yesturday. It gets over with quickly and then I'm right back where I am.
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

When would I like to live? 2050 sounds like the most interesting time for me
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

HEY, man! Why you single me out?

Fine. I'll go for a Renaissance period. Say...1500 - 1800 AD
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

it depends on my social position. I wouldn't mind to be a landlord in XVIII century Poland. But I would mind being a peasant
                  "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                  I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                  Middle East!

Comment

2525 all the way. Ofcourse, I would also have to be fabulously rich.

Comment

1900, make a killing in the stock market of course I could do the same thing for the 70s.

Comment

Well, no time like the present. I have doubts about the future, and I love my internet.

But given a one way time machine into the past (i.e. my present knowledge in a past era), I'd probably go to the 1000s, and somehow using my future knowledge to amass a small fleet of Viking long ships and sieze North America from the skraelings.
                        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                        -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
                          Well, no time like the present. I have doubts about the future, and I love my internet.

But given a one way time machine into the past (i.e. my present knowledge in a past era), I'd probably go to the 1000s, and somehow using my future knowledge to amass a small fleet of Viking long ships and sieze North America from the skraelings.

Just make sure to take a crate-load of antibiotics with ya before you step through the portal.

Comment

triple post
                            Last edited by Gangerolf; October 24, 2006, 15:46.
                            CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis

dude. déjà vu!

that's what I answered in a similar thread back in 2002 or something.

except I belive I used the word "exterminate" (jokingly, of course ) instead of "sieze" (sic!).
                              CSPA

Comment

double penetration
                                CSPA

Comment

Working...
                                X