Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gangerolf
    dude. deja vu!

that's what I answered in a similar thread back in 2002 or something.

except I belive I used the word "exterminate" (jokingly, of course ) instead of "sieze" (sic!).
    dude. deja vu!

that's what you answered in a similar post directly above that one.

except I belive (sic!) you fixed the cute smiley this time.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Arcite

Just make sure to take a crate-load of antibiotics with ya before you step through the portal.
      Yeah, and possibly the secret to making gunpowder though honestly, good steel should be enough.
      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
      -Joan Robinson

Comment

But given a one way time machine into the past (i.e. my present knowledge in a past era), I'd probably go to the 1000s, and somehow using my future knowledge to amass a small fleet of Viking long ships and sieze North America from the skraelings.
        Cool idea. America full of Danes sounds good.
        Go build a time machine!
        Ef þú getur lesið þetta þá kanntu kannski íslensku. Það getur verið að þú sért að vera sniðugur eins og viss herramaður sem ég nafngreini ekki. Eða að þú sért Færeyingur eða Nojari.

Comment

sick!

my internet is very unstable
          CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
            double triple penetration
            Fixed
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
              No, you do. And you have a gun to your head. Get in or die, but you choose where you go. Where is it then?

Spec.
              I can't believe I'll be the first to say: To a minute before some idiot put a gun to my head and gave me a way to get the jump on him.

Comment

During the 1940s, would be an interesting time - Seeing the last great battle for the world playing out...

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                  it depends on my social position. I wouldn't mind to be a landlord in XVIII century Poland. But I would mind being a peasant

Herreson, you end up in XVIII century Poland as a Jew
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.†Martin Buber

Comment

Comment

seeing as my option is not there, I choose 1970's and I invest heavily in microsoft.

I would love to visit some old times, but not live. The lack of indoor plumbing is a turnoff to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                        seeing as my option is not there, I choose 1970's and I invest heavily in microsoft.
                        , but I would prefer Rome during the reign of Constintine.

1. Politicaly and militarily stable.

2. I wouldn't have to go to church in a cave on the outskirts of Rome at night.

3. I'm Italian, and all Italians in Roman Italy lived quite well.
                        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                        The video may avatar is from

Comment

What kind of resources would we be gaining?

Because if all I had was my wallet, skills, and the clothes on my back, no matter where I went, it'd be kinda miserable.

Really, I figure that as long as I ended up as being in the top 0.01% of the wealthiest in any time frame, I'd be fine. My preference would still be in the eras of more modernity in the West, or, if forced to pick an ancient era, East Asia.
                          B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                            Sports Betting seems a much quicker way to wealth, and considering how hard it was for many people to get a job in the 1970s it would be better to have something that can snowball a lot more quickly.
                            He's got the Midas touch.
                            But he touched it too much!
                            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Well, I consider the most essential aspect of civilization to be grand, glorious Modern Plumbing, so there's no way I'm leaving the 20th century.

I'd say 1900-1930. The chance to be present for the beginnings of movies, jazz, and American Progressivism seems to good to pass up. And I wouldn't mind bear witness -- very, very distant witness -- to the madness of WWI, either.
                              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I wanna help build Stonehenge
                                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                                X