This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by notyoueither
    Actually, I have a question for Ming, and I'll post it here.

Why do you threaten the league, and everyone, over the behaviour of a couple of people?
    If it was a rare event... I wouldn't. But you guys have been warned repeatedly, and haven't stopped. So obviously, that hasn't worked. Since this thread/league is the problem, a threat to make you move it somewhere else just might get your attention.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• What about banning the people who engage in the behaviour despite repeated warnings?

When people push the line, it puts other people in an impossible position. Someone can dish out personal abuse and not be confronted for it for fear that other people who have nothing to do with it will be hurt.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• And then we release the people, and they start all over again... wasting our time.

Deleting the thread and having the league move elsewhere is the only real threat left... It will make the problem go away. So if I were you guys, I'd put your personal grudge aside in this thread... and use it for what it is meant for... to discuss your league and hockey... NOT to make personal attacks.
        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• May I ask how many times Asher has been banned over spats I have had with him?

Also, given these conditions, is it possible that someone could have the objective of triggering your punishment of getting the league banned?
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Also, given these conditions, is it possible that someone could have the objective of triggering your punishment of getting the league banned?
            If you guys want to act like morons... then what happens, happens. We expect a little heated spirit in these kind of threads because it is a competition. But you guys are taking it WAY beyond that... and it just doesn't stop.

Deleteing the thread will not effect your actual league... it will just end your bickering in this thread.

One person can't trigger the punishment. A one way street is an easy ban. So as long as somebody else isn't stupid enough to join in... there shouldn't be a problem. Isn't that incentative enough for people to hopefully police their own league
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Well, you seem to think this has been a two-way street and I disagree, but I'm not going to argue about it as that would have little point.

I will ask what you will do if the personal stuff resumes and instead of replying in kind, you are alerted?
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

• If a single person continues, just alert me and that person will be toast. But if anybody joins in...

So police yourselves people... it's your league.
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

• I'll keep an eye on things
                  Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Well, you seem to think this has been a two-way street and I disagree, but I'm not going to argue about it as that would have little point.

I will ask what you will do if the personal stuff resumes and instead of replying in kind, you are alerted?
                    (The only reason you weren't banned here is I replied in kind, because I don't care for bannings and I prefer to stick up for myself. If you review the thread, as Ming has, it was you that began the whole thing with comments such as "child", thrown in condescendingly. I'm resisting the urge to make a comment about you being a tattle-tale while it was clear that you were at fault for stirring the **** to begin with...okay, maybe I'm not resisting very well.)

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Well, I take this week 5-3 despite nye's ethically questionable tactics.

Hopefully next week I get a serious opponent.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

(The only reason you weren't banned here is I replied in kind, because I don't care for bannings and I prefer to stick up for myself. If you review the thread, as Ming has, it was you that began the whole thing with comments such as "child", thrown in condescendingly. I'm resisting the urge to make a comment about you being a tattle-tale while it was clear that you were at fault for stirring the **** to begin with...okay, maybe I'm not resisting very well.)

I would suggest, for the sake of other people, that you and I cease discussions with each other.

I could make a whole load of comments, but I am choosing not to.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

• It was a horribly lopsided argument anyway, it's in your best interest to cease discussion on the rules because you can't seriously argue in favour of it (obviously).

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                            I am 7-0 against Jaguar so far this week and though it is tempting to see if a goalie is available and playing tonight (I doubt it) I am going to resist the urge to check!

Looks like we will tie that one, not sure if I can hold on to the other 7, we both have a couple players playing tonight.

* Sparrowhawk
                            My skaters are a bunch of slackers.
                            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• I wonder how the game will change once we cannot discuss it on Apolyton? Theoretically it shouldn't effect it, but somehow I suspect it will result in reduced participation and less interest in keeping up.

I suspect we will soon find out

Where will I brag about the fact that I am increasing my first place lead if not on Apolyton ?

/me
                              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Could move the thread to Counterglow or just use the message feature of Yahoo. Or even a Google Group.

Comment

Working...
                                X