5. Louisville
    6. Michigan
    7. Florida
    8. Clemson
    9. Tennessee
    10. Auburn
    Talk about homer rankings.......

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon
      Later, Lou Holtz was talking about the Clemson - S. Carolina brawl. Both teams could have gone to a bowl game, but both didn't. Does anyone remember if that was an NCAA decision, or the schools?
      The schools. NCAA doesn't care so much about brawls to ban teams from bowl games because of them. Both South Carolina and Clemson were so embarrased that each school said it would decline any bowl invite, and both did.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Talk about homer rankings......

I'm a Nebraska fan...
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
          Talk about homer rankings......

I'm a Nebraska fan...
          Dammit I knew that, who the hell is the Cal fan?

Or maybe you didn't list USC 'cause they whipped up on you guys.......

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

If I was really a homer, I'd be ranking USC as high as possible. Would make our one loss look better...
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

MRT: I'm content with my rankings.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

i know you are

but why has a #2 team been tied with their opponents in the 3 last games in the 4th quarter?

thats not strong #2 material IMHO
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Michigan only beat Penn State by a touchdown. So what?
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

wsu, uw, asu, are all better than penn state?
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Probably two of the three. Maybe all three if we're comparing them to a Penn State without Morelli.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

the records dont reflect that. but the point is, usc hasnt looked strong. and id rather see a few other teams take on the #1 than usc

Comment

USC has had the toughest competition so far and, as such, has earned a lot of cred in my book. This week's ranking isn't primarily based on how they played this week, but rather is only 1/6th the story. My reasoning hasn't changed from last week.

You aren't going to see a team high in my rankings that hasn't played tough competition consistently. I refuse to reward big wins against nobodies.
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

i refuse to aknowledge that ASU, WSU, and UW are tough competition

Comment

It's a shame that Navy's QB will out the rest of the year. I was rather looking forward to a strong Navy offense against ND this year.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                                i refuse to aknowledge that ASU, WSU, and UW are tough competition
                                Didn't say they were. But in aggregate, USC's competition has been tougher than all others'.

Comment

Working...
                                X