6. West Virginia
    7. Arkansas
    8. Auburn
    9. Florida
    10. Notre Dame
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Mind retitling this thread with a "Part 2" and linking back to the first one?

Look who's moving back up the rankings this week... I believe that would be AUBURN! *whistles innocently*
      CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
      Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
      Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
      Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Why should Auburn move up after beating another overrated SEC team (and being lucky to do so, at home)? That'd be as silly as ranking Michigan #2 when they play a weak Big Ten schedule and their biggest win was against an average ND team...
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

If USC is #2 in the AP tomorrow, I'm going to commit hara-kiri on some pollsters. They proved with another anemic, just-escaping performance tonight against Arizona State that they're just not among the elite. Someone's going to expose them, be it Oregon, Cal or Notre Dame.

1. Ohio State
          2. Michigan
          3. West Virginia (+1)
          4. Louisville (+1)
          5. Notre Dame (+2)
          6. Southern Cal
          7. Texas (+1)
          8. Auburn (+2)
          9. Tennessee
          10. California (+1)
          11. Florida (-8)
          12. Clemson
          13. Georgia Tech
          14. Boise State (+1)
          15. Arkansas **
          16. Oregon **

Dropped: Missouri, Iowa

I'm this close to putting Rutgers on the list. I'll probably do it if they can beat Pittsburgh next week.
          Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
          Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

I agree with Drake, aside from the beating of an 'overrated SEC team'. Florida is a good team that got robbed by a 'fumble' call that was obviously an incomplete pass.

1. Ohio State
            2. West Virginia
            3. Michigan
            4. Tennessee
            5. Florida
            6. Texas
            7. Louisville
            8. USC (Southern Cal)
            9. California
            10. Clemson
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The brawl in question...

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Miami's #19 should be prosecuted.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

That commentator needs to be fired.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    Yep. That was shameful.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I have a feeling that between the NCAA and the Miami AD, there's going to be enough suspensions and team dismissals to derail any chance Miami had of doing anything this season (and even if they qualify for a bowl, I suspect the AD will decline it as punishment for this).

The one guy who'll be smiling under the angry rhetoric? Larry Coker. This literally bails him out of any chance of being fired after the season.

Comment

What? Why would it? It would show that he can't keep a handle on his team. After Butch Davis rehabilitated Miami's image somewhat, Coker drives it right back down.

Comment

That may be the largest, most violent, brawl I've ever seen on a football field.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I caught far fewer games this week than any past week. I hate it when I have to rank based on scores alone.

My Week 7 rankings:

1) OSU
                            2) Michigan (I TOLD you all they were #2! =)
                            3) West Virginia
                            4) Tennessee
                            5) Cal
                            6) Texas
                            7) Louisville (I didn't know their QB was going to be back)
                            8) Clemson (might break into the "real" top 10 this week.)
                            9) USC (ESPN and ABC refused to switch over to this game late)
                            10) Florida

I picked Florida over Auburn, because I feel like if they played 10 times, Florida would win 7 of those. Florida really convinced me today. Chris Leak did NOT fumble that ball, but oh well.

Week 6 Rankings:
                            1) OSU
                            2) Michigan (still impressive)
                            3) West Virginia
                            4) Florida (I'm still skeptical, but they keep winning)
                            5) Tennessee
                            6) Cal (helluva game today; they'll beat USC)
                            7) Texas (OU would've gotten this spot if they'd won)
                            8) Clemson (gotta give some love to the ACC)
                            9) Louisville (till they lose to WVU and Rutgers in a row)
                            10) USC (and falling fast!)
                            Week 5 Rankings:
                            1) Ohio State (even though they pay their players)
                            2) Michigan
                            3) West Virginia (I think they squeak past Louisville later in the year)
                            4) Florida
                            5) Auburn
                            6) Tennesee
                            7) USC (not impressive, why are they #1 - 3?)
                            8) Clemson
                            9) Cal
                            10) LSU (I like their QB)

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                              Miami running back Lamar Thomas during the 80s.

Comment

Working...
                              X