Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plane crashes in to NYC building..... dejavu anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plane crashes in to NYC building..... dejavu anyone?

Aircraft crashes into Manhattan building 3 minutes ago

NEW YORK - A small aircraft crashed into a high-rise on the Upper East Side, setting off a fire and startling New Yorkers, police said. There were conflicting reports on whether the aircraft was a small plane or a helicopter.

Fire Department spokeswoman Emily Rahimi said an aircraft struck struck the 20th floor of a building on East 72nd Street. Witnesses said the crash caused a loud noise, and burning and falling debris was seen. Flames were seen shooting out of the windows. Video from the scene showed at least three apartments in the high rise fully engulfed in flames.

There was no immediate word on any deaths or injuries.

It was not immediately known if it was a terrorist act.
    "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

The FBI has told the BBC that there is no indication that the crash is terrorism-related.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

A small helicopter. So, no dejavu.
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Well the UN says it is a helicopter, the FAA says it is a plane... so when they make up their minds we may know.......

Comment

NORAD has just activiated air fighter deployment over most major cities, latest........

Comment

German TV says either small plane or helicopter. Appartment building, terrorist background unlikely.

Comment

Ah, but tinfoilhat.com has reported that it was a cruise missile with "I [heart] Texas" painted on the side. Whaddaya think of that?
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Yle TV reports that it was a UFO. More to follow...
                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I patiently wait for Che to claim it's an obvious election ploy by the Republicans.
                  "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

This is just as bad as Hitler used to be.

I lose
                    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Reminds me of the suicide of Charls Bishop
                      who commited suicide in 2002 by steering a small plane
                      into a Bank of America building.
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Apparently, since 2001, some people like to commit suicide by flying their aircraft into highrise buildings. See also the 42 storey Bank of America building, Miami, incident and the 32 storey Pirelli Tower, Milan, incident, both of 2002.

Those 2 cases, as well as today's crash in New York, while they may not be directly related to or intended as terrorism, they certainly seem to be inspired by it.

Comment

The scale of this event was what I was first believing when I heard about WTC on the radio 2001. A Cessna or something.
                          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
                            The scale of this event was what I was first believing when I heard about WTC on the radio 2001. A Cessna or something.
                            Same here. 30 minutes later it was an airliner, and then there was another one... This doesn't look like an October surprise, though.
                            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Well, technically it's a UFO until they figure out exactly what it was
                              "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                              -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                              X