X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
    That's not the same.
    What's the difference?

They are both assault in the legal sense of the word.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• For one thing, it's a kicker. A KICKER, Tubes!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
        For one thing, it's a kicker. A KICKER, Tubes!

I'm talking about Jacobs the 264 lbs. running back not the kicker.

Besides, if it was the kicker that had kicked Gurode, it would be a murder.

ACK!

Comment

• I like the top 10 unsportsmanlike conduct video (from sportscenter) also on the youtube site.

Who can forget Nancy Kerrigan crying. And Mike Tyson chomping at the bits.

And you should see that sucker punch in an 1877 NBA game. . That seems like the worst one.

Though the coach punching a college football player in the throat was pretty bad.

Comment

• Nancy Kerrigan? You mean Tonya Harding?
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis
              I like the top 10 unsportsmanlike conduct video (from sportscenter) also on the youtube site.

Who can forget Nancy Kerrigan crying. And Mike Tyson chomping at the bits.

And you should see that sucker punch in an 1877 NBA game. . That seems like the worst one.

Though the coach punching a college football player in the throat was pretty bad.
              link?

ACK!

Comment

• This came up before today's philosophy class. Our prof commented that baseball is the more civilized national pastime or some BS like that and it went from there. It ended with the conclusions:

A. Lots of steroids leads to lots of pointless violence, and
                B. American football players are clearly more practical and savvy about their violence than their European counterparts, steroids or no. When our boys decide to injure an opposing player's head, they don't endanger their own heads in the process with some macho head-butt. They stomp with cleats.

EDIT: An 1877 NBA game? Is that a typo?
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• don't know how to attach in a post, but here it is.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• How funny not one jail sentence from al that evil doing
                    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok
                      This came up before today's philosophy class. Our prof commented that baseball is the more civilized national pastime or some BS like that and it went from there. It ended with the conclusions:

A. Lots of steroids leads to lots of pointless violence, and
                      B. American football players are clearly more practical and savvy about their violence than their European counterparts, steroids or no. When our boys decide to injure an opposing player's head, they don't endanger their own heads in the process with some macho head-butt. They stomp with cleats.

EDIT: An 1877 NBA game? Is that a typo?
                      Yes it was 1977.

ACK!

Comment

• yeah I noticed the typo, I just like to check to see if anyone is paying attention.

I was wondering if anyone would noticed the fact we didn't have televised NBA games in 1877.

Comment

• That baseball one is kind of funny. I think a few folks have wanted to do that.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Suspensions of 20 and 21 (and hasn't played again) games in NHL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski
                              Here, let me do it for you:

Seems, that you can't read either.
                              Only if you don't actually read what was written. The other person came down on her ankle and while she thinks it was on purpose, she's got no proof of it. People come down on other people's ankles all the time in vollyball. Every time is a planned incident?

The point the Mrs. is trying to make in this thread, is that you can't pick and choose what is assault and what is not. Either every finable offense is assault or they aren't.

YES YOU CAN CHOOSE! That's what the law does every freaking day. It chooses what is battery and makes fine distinctions. If you knock against someone on the bus, it isn't battery, but walking up and simply touching them is (you won't get any money for it though). For example in sports, fighting in hockey isn't battery, but swinging a stick overhand at someone's head is.

The entire basis of law is making distinctions and "pick and choose". But you want sports to be above the law.

And Sloww is right Akers incident is not even close to being the same. Did Jacobs push Akers to deliberately injure him? Did he show reckless disregard for Akers' safety? No. No. On the other hand both apply to Haynesworth.

Jacobs knocked him down, assaulted him, but no charges were filed, even though he did assault him.

Obviously you didn't pay any attention whatsoever to the discussion about the law I posted earlier.

But it doesn't matter, Haynesworth will be prosecuted for assault and battery if Gurode decides to press charges. The DA has already said they are ready to do so if Gurode wishes. The law allows it to happen and its had a long precedent. It won't be changed because you think sports should be above the law.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• just what the sports contests need lawyers in suits saying u were hurt and we can get u some money!! Oh joy where do i sign up to watch the cheerleaders casue they are gonna be more active then the players if this goes on
                                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X