• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    Damn... should I pick Brodeur again?
    Definitely!

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither

You still need 3 games? What if your 2 goalies play on the same nights that week and you guess wrong?
      We don't HAVE to have a 3 games rule you know

I'm happy with any way we do goalies though, just bringing the issue up. I rather keep a 16 team league though, it looks to be fun.
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• I think the larger league will be more interesting. There will be a lot less talent for the lower picks, less scraps to pick up in free agency, and there should be more people paying attention late in the season.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Alright, this may well be a problem then. I'd personally rather not split, only because there's more different matchups this way. However, reducing the goalie to one doesn't really help that much if we keep wins and shutouts as stats, because anyone with two keepers is going to have an advantage over someone with just one.
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

Personally, I think it's too large.

2 Leagues would be best, 1-8 in League 1, 9-16 in League 2...
            I can handle it - splitting up would kinda suck from a social aspect. The dynamic is just going to be very different from last year. And one thing that definitely goes my way - being active will be very important with so many people.

Comment

• I'd vote if we go down to 1 goalie, we get rid of GAA and SHO as stats and go with SV% and W as the only stats. That way the single goalie isn't so heavily valuable compared to the skaters.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• so, lets take out wins as a category
                edit: if we use 2 goalies, i mean

if we go down to 1, use Asher's idea.

Comment

• Wins is a way better metric than GAA as far as I'm concerned.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Another way we could handle it is to institute a rule that you may only pick a second goalie once everyone has picked one.
                    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Ok, if we have 2 GK, I have my pick (Kipper). If 1 GK, I may decide to change it, especially if stat diffusion is changed.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I think after the draft order is determined is a bit late to modify stats...
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• If we're taking out a G stat, it's gotta be SV%.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontiki
                            Another way we could handle it is to institute a rule that you may only pick a second goalie once everyone has picked one.
                            Nah, that's too artificial. The guy who decides last to take a goalie could put it off looong, and abuse the rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontiki
                              Another way we could handle it is to institute a rule that you may only pick a second goalie once everyone has picked one.
                              That could work.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                                Ok, if we have 2 GK, I have my pick (Kipper). If 1 GK, I may decide to change it, especially if stat diffusion is changed.
                                Damnit! You can't have Kipper!

Comment

Working...
                                X